If you see an average guy dressing nice, what do you think?

I really don't see myself as anything all that special looks-wise, maybe on the better looking side of average, but I wouldn't say I turn heads. However I like to buy nice clothes and have a casual/smart-casual style of dress. Nice sweaters, button-downs, v-neck t-shirts, a good pair of jeans... I mix it up. I've been wearing a nice designer leather jacket during the cold months and always wear a nice cologne. I shower daily. lol

Even though in reality I may not be one to attract much attention, I do see myself in a really positive way. I'm just worried that I may see myself being greater than I really am? Maybe that's not the correct wording but that's sort of how I feel. Something like that. Or that I'm dressing beyond my personal attractiveness. Is that possible?

Most Helpful Girl

• No, as long as you're comfortable and feel good about yourself, what's the problem? Girls really admire men who take the initiative to look good and dress nice. The clothes should flatter you and adhere to what style you like. If you feel positive about yourself, that's what you should be aiming for! I personally don't believe there's such thing as dressing beyond your personal attractiveness.

What Girls Said 1

• People dress how they want. For me personally, it doesn't really increase the level of how attractive I think that person is. But if they dress bummy, it can definitely decrease their level of attractiveness. There is nothing wrong with dressing how you like, and having confidence.

What Guys Said 5

• You mean you think you're being too high-maintenance or possibly narcissistic? I don't think so. It's how you act or behave around people. It's nice to feel comfortable and confident in yourself. Many people admire that. I mean, I'm not the best looking guy out there but I like to dress up occasionally even though I'm more of a T-shirt and jeans kind of guy. Being clean is a good thing. Don't sweat it dude.

• dude you are getting to concerned about this.
    "Or that I'm dressing beyond my personal attractiveness. Is that possible?"
    No, and to hell with anyone who thinks otherwise.
    I used to think like this but then I had an epiphany, I really don't care if random people have gripes about what I wear. I wear it because I like it and if you like wearing what you do then by all means do it.
    And I mean, dressing nicely never made anyone look worse...

• I've never heard of "dressing beyond [one's] personal attractiveness," and, no, that's not possible. Most people dress below their "personal attractiveness."

• Nothing wrong with dressing nice.

• you were stupid but you won't be after this...

why r u asking permission from others. most people are average looking. most good dressed people are average looking. im way above average looking and i dress very well all the time. its the norm. everywhere i go i get looks. people think im a movie star or someone famous or rich or something. i come from a rich family yes. but so what. people have such low standards for themselves, what do u think they are going to get in life. people r stupid now your informed. u can b what others want u to be - just like them mediocre or u can do what u want and have some pride in all the things u can have in life if u stopped listening to the masses of people who want to drag u down to be just like them.

this isn't just in looks but EVERYTHING in life!