What makes you buy a shirt?

i'm thinking of starting a clothing business and i just want to ask a very simple question:

what makes you buy a shirt?

Most Helpful Girl

• Will it fit me? How flattering it is on my body? Does it make me look fat/pregnant? Lol I have large breasts so I have to stay away from ruffles and just lots of layers in general. It's not flattering. And most of all, do I like the design (is it my style or does it fit in with what the purpose of getting it is for?) and how comfortable is the fabric? There are many things that come into play after I initially decide if I like it first and foremost.

I think as a business you first need to decide who your costumers will be.
    If you decide you want to make shirts for busty women like myself, you will probably decide not to use ruffling because it is unflattering to us. And that's on busty women as a whole , like 90% and I'm not talking about B cups, I'm talking about DD women like myself. Getting a general sense of what we find necessary/unnecessary is vital. So that's your first criteria I would say in that scenario.

I don't know if this is helping or not.
    But I gave it my best shot.
    Let me know who I can help better if you need me to.

Good luck to yah :).

What Girls Said 8

• The color (not bland, but not crazy), the style (elegant), the material (comfort), the way it fits my body (my breast are a little bigger than the average so it is hard to get a shirt where they fit normal), whether the shirt is conservative (I don't like cleavage), and the price of course!(ranging from $1-20 depending) I will not buy a shirt over $20 lol

• If it fits me well.
    Also if it comes in different colors that would be great because sometimes I love a shirt, but not the color, so I just don't buy it.

• The fit, if it's flattering. And the price.

• -The design
    -Price
    -Logo
    -Brand
    -If I'ts comfortable and fits well
    -Color

• Trend/style
    price
    how it looks on me
    material

• Mostly the fit, colour as long as it's not extreme price is further down.

• The price ( duh ;) )
    The quality
    If it's a little unique from the others
    What's in style
    No dumb pics on the front
    And that's about it

• can you elaborate what you mean by "No dumb pics on the front"?

because the shirt I am think of, has an element of a cheeky or provocative graphic, but in a very subtle way, so i don't think if that would be considered dumb.

• what if it's sexual or provocative? is that a no-go for you?

• I wouldn't wear it, I'd think its funny and might buy it for someone, or maybe just keep it in my wardrobe. it depends, if it's really nice, and whatever it says isn't that bad, I'd wear it out

• Price, texture, and design.

What Guys Said 4

• My old one wears out.

• Kind of a late response, but this question got my attention. For me, more than anything, it's the fit. If that's right, then I examine the quality of the material and stitching. I'm very particular about those things. Price is not usually a hang up for me if I feel like I'm getting what I pay for (I will buy a Ludlow shirt from J. Crew for full price). I go for versatile shirts that I can wear with most of my other clothes (plain/understated pattern).

• I like unique stuff, retro maybe, something that stands-out from the rest and that looks good.

• The shirt looking nice, it's affordable and I buy it