What would you think if you saw someone wearing this?

What would you think if you saw someone wearing a thong bikini at the beach? Would you think it was trashy or would you not even care? I think its pretty common in other parts of the world for women to wear thong bikinis, why not the U. S? Is it just too revealing to most people?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think america just has a warped view on sexuality, and as a result, something like this is considered too revealing.

it comes across best in tv and movies, where its perfectly fine to watch someone get their head caved in with a baseball bat, or shot in the face, however you can't see penis's or vagina's without disclaimers and or r ratings.

• Exactly. I think that other countries have been able to be more relaxed when it comes to sexuality and the human body, but they are able to do it in a way that isn't perverted or overly sexualized.

• in many other countries you'll also find women can be topless at the beach if they want too.

i don't know , its just the human body. everyone has one..

• Pretty weird too, seeing as how much the US media seems to like to sexualize women so much. Treating them as objects, sure. Stereotyping female characters on TV, sure. Placing huge amounts of importance on the physical appearance of female celebrity, sure. Actually seeing naked women on television, or just seeing a mother breast feeding in public? OH GOD SAVE THE CHILDREN.

What Guys Said 6

• If an attractive woman is wearing it, I would think "WOW!"
    If an unattractive woman is wearing it, I would think "YUCK!"
    If a man is wearing it, I would also think "YUCK!"

• just wondering, because of your yuck factor, does that mean they shouldn't be allowed to wear that if they want too?

• That is a strange question. I am not a control freak, and I don't wish to command to others what they may or may not wear: I would rather be a mature adult and simply look the other way if it offends me.

• I would tell her: "What are you doing in that thong bikini, this is a nude beach" and then tell her to take it off.

• Honestly i would be turned on. But its her life , let her wear anything

• I would think she's a slut

• your dirty thoughts don't make a girl a slut... don't project you thoughts onto the girls...

• Really depends on how it looks on the girl.

• My brother who is in 3rd grade likes to call it "butt floss".

What Girls Said 5

• iv barely seen a thong bikini in public tbh. girls might wear them to them quiet beaches but in public its really not appropriate. i think girls just need to stop focusing on themselves and take into consideration that there are families around who dont need to see all their damn skin.
    its just a craving, a desperation for attention. if its about a better tan, go tan in your own time… but for f***s sake, I'm sure one can afford to buy a bikini that consists of actual material-.-

• So you think its okay to show the legs, arms, stomach, back, and decolletage area but the butt cheeks are where the line is drawn? Why is that area of skin more inappropriate than the others? Honestly just curious.

• I'm sorry. I completely respect your opinion and thank you for contributing to the question. I'm not baffled by your response. I think its the same response that a lot of people have. I'm more baffled at who gets to set the standard and why. That's all.

• @JustBanANNAz
      it's not the opinion that's wrong... it's the trend to blame the women..."if a guy thinks of other girls it's the other girls fault"... the female body is not to blame for the thoughts it evokes in others (some of the males)... that's where you wrong...

• It's too revealing for my taste, but I feel that way about most bathing suits these days. It has no impact on me, though, just because I would never wear it. To each their own!
    I might have a quick negative thought because that's just the way my brain works sometimes... but if it's not my body, it's not my problem and I can't or don't even want to do anything about it.

• i woudent bat an eye. while not often or just anywhere, i wear a thong bikini at times. i def think there are better places and times then others, however i think its up to a individual to decide what they are comfortable in. if someone wants to wear a thong, go for it!

• I wouldn't care.

• I like to wear thong bikinis when not in a nude beach. Do you like this one?
    www.southbeachswimsuits.com/.../