Do guys prefer: dyed hair, fake nails, fake tan (read first).

Growing up, I always felt unattractive. Guys would always choose my friends with the nice fake tan, fake nails, dyed black or blonde hair, and caked on make up. Most guys around my age would not give me much attention. Then I went through a phase, where I died my hair pitch black, got fake nails, tanned, put make up on and even fake eyelashes because I always felt this is what guys were into and that I wasn't being pretty enough. But through that whole phase I just felt uglier. And I believe it made me A LOT more unattractive. Forward 2-3 years later, I came back to myself. Natural hair, and natural make up (a decent amount to coverup any pimples, no eyeshadow, everything neutral, just to enhance my features!) I have my real nails, and stopped the tanning (it was giving me wrinkles!!) I am back to my pale ghostly being =O! I am me, and can't change me. People might as well see the real me.

But at 22 years old, and being my natural self- lots of guys give me more attention now. Most of them find me so beautiful and gorgeous - but when I don't hook up with them they leave for the other types of girls (I don't mind). My bf loves me the way I am and gets pissed if I consider dying or changing myself... And I'm not going to...

I am just curious what guys prefer and why? Real or fake, and why :)?

(Not insulting anyone - I used to do all this, I am just curious! we all have our preferences!)

Most Helpful Guy

• I prefer natural as much as possible. I understand that most women are going to at least wear a little makeup, so that's fine by me. But dying their hair weird colors or being all orange-skinned (from artificial tanning stuff) is not attractive to me. I'd also rather she had natural fingernails... painted is ok though.

What Guys Said 5

• Dying is fine as long as you go back to your natural color most of the time. Fake nails doesn't matte, anything else is pushing it. Fake eye lashes are dumb lol makes girls look like aliens

• What you describe as "natural makeup" is what I like. Use enough makeup to look healthy and beautiful, but don't go over the top.

What I don't like is unrealistic beauty. Overdone makeup, super exaggerate features.

• Real all the way! You should do what you like then let the pieces fall where they may.

• Makeup: As long as it isn't excessive.
    Dyed hair: I don't mind.
    Fake Tan: Sure, I love me a butterscotch babe.
    Fake Nails: HELL to the NO. Instant turn-off! Anything longer than a quarter-inch off the finger is creepy.

To sum it up: I love girls who are as natural as can be.

• i want real, and a girl who asks me out, its simple as that

What Girls Said 4

• I think most will say they prefer natural, but in reality if it looks good, they don't actually care. They are too visual to care, and if it looks appealing they could care less if it's fake or not, whatever that may be, hair, nails, boobs, ass... etc.

• My husband likes when I do my make up,(it's not as often as it was before we had kids) but he says he likes me better without make up because it's the real me

• I think that a lot of the time it is about confidence which is super attractive in both sexes.

• Hypocrites.. the whole lot of them! "THEY" want this! "THEY" want that! Fck "THEM"!!! WHAT DO YOOUUUUUUUUU WANT? ? ? ? ? ? WHAT MAKES YOOOOUUUU FEEL BEAUTIFUL? IS IT A TAN OR YOUR NATURAL SKIN TONE? IS IT MAKE UP OR IS IT THE FACE YOU WERE BORN WITH? IS IT "POPULAR" STYLED CLOTHES OR IS IT A STYLE YOU'VE PICKED FOR YOOOOUUUUU? ? I've been there and done that a time or two.. JUST DO WHAT MAKES YOOOOUUUU HAPPY OR YOU'LL END UP UNHAPPY...