Do you believe models are perfect?

Lately i started learning photoshop. It was difficult but my expert friend showed me how he can transform shit into a pretty pic that you can look at and smile. He also showed me some before and after pics of fashion models. The results were surprisingly amazing.

My question here why do we still believe in perfection?
Also is it a bad thing that magazines make us seek perfection thus become better?

Most Helpful Girl

• Nobody's perfect. Eventually we all cop that the images in magazines have been photo-shopped. The problem is the most likely to be influenced (young girls and guys) may not have figured that out yet. It might set them up to have unrealistic expectations of themselves and the opposite gender during a time when their bodies are changing.

It's not entirely bad to be shown images of healthy bodies. It'll help a little to curb the obesity trend. It's been shown that groups of friends or families tend be overweight as it becomes the perceived norm. Unhealthily skinny doesn't help anyone... but on the flip side healthy people will easily be labeled anorexic by people who have issues with their weight.

I've been scouted and regularly get asked if I'm a model. I know all my flaws and find it crazy that anyone would think I'm model material. So no models aren't perfect. Many of them are obsessed with their weight. It's a dangerous industry if you have the slightest of insecurities to begin with.

What Girls Said 5

• Lol no they are often anorexic and some of them look really malnourished without makeup. Also they use a lot of fucking makeup tricks. Some of them are pretty though but some look kind of stoned or have bad skin

• Besides their looks? I think they have more issues than the ordinary citizen out there. They take Botox, starve constantly, smoke and do cocaine or other drugs.

• nobody's perfect...

• No definitely not. As someone who's experienced with photoshop, myself, it's easy to see how pics are transformed. "Perfection" exists because it sells. We believe it and strive for it because that's human nature…to be the best we can be. What makes something perfect, though, is relative…so in our case whatever the media says is perfect is what we believe to be perfect.

• There's no such thig as perfection because it's so subjective

What Guys Said 1

• I've never understood why there is such a mainstream conscensus among the people who edit the model photos to always need them to be really skinny and bony. I mean... where is the variety in tastes? I personally like thicker girls but the models always tend to be really skinny