Why are girls surprised when other girls don't wear makeup?

Do girls in high school just assume that all their peers who are girls wear makeup? This girl asked me what makeup I use and I said I don't wear it and she's all like really? And looked at me funny. I know a few other girls who also don't wear makeup. I have no one to impress at school so I don't bother with all the effort putting it on every day.

Most Helpful Girl

• It just gets better and better as you grow older! I never did my make-up for school, had nobody to impress and even if I did make-up wasn't the way I was aiming to do that. Now that I have graduated and am now working full time. I still have days where I wake up and am simply not in a mood to put make-up on. It's a personal choice. The man I am currently with, and have been for a little over 2 years didn't even see my face with make-up for the first 5 months or so. Make-up isn't a way to impress anyone. I find make-up to be more for myself, when I'm feeling down or not pretty I do my make-up for my own personal satisfaction, I don't care what others think about the fact that I do or do not do my make-up, NO girl should.

What Guys Said 2

• i think for a lot of women its sorta like turning up for a running race, and someone has decided to not wear shoes...

but personally i dont care. i probably prefer it when a girl doesn't wear makeup :) that way she looks the same first thing in the morning as she did the night before ;)

• #chilledpeopleswag

What Girls Said 8

• I'm not surprised buy I am envious. I have pretty bad skin. A lot left over acne marks. I have to have at least a little bit of makeup on.

• well maybe something on your face suggested that you enhanced it even though you didn't . like my friend has really long eyelashes and a lot of the times it looks like she may have mascara on even though her eyelashes are naturally really dark and long

• Because lots of people in highschool are shallow and not too bright

• I think this was a unique case. Like you said, there are plenty of girls who don't wear make-up. This one was just ignorant.

• I'm not surpirsed when a girl doesn't. Half the time I don't wear makeup because I don't need to.

• Because they think that a girl won't look good without makeup because they are insecure.

• The same happens to me, i never wear make up and people get surprised, especially female girls, but i don't think i need it, and having to put make up on everyday would be a waste of time for me, i only wear some in special occasions like weddings and the like, and i really don't know why they get surprised, oh well

• That was that one girl who was surprised. Certainly everyone doesn't act surprised when they hear someone doesn't wear makeup. Its common for people to wear makeup, just as its common for people not to. She maybe was surprised because most people she knows wear makeup.