Blind date tips, first time I've been on a date?

I haven't gone out on a date in a long time I just got out of a long term relationship. My friend set me up with a mutual friend of hers she thought I'd be interested in. It's out to dinner only so what should I wear? What do I talk about? I'm completely lost haha HELP!

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, I'm sorry I can't help you with what to wear because A) I'm a guy and B) I have the fashion sense of a Neanderthal. Come to think of it, if a Neanderthal heard that, he might be insulted.

As for what to talk about, you can talk about things that interest you, then when he latches on to something because he's interested in the same thing, well keep at it. When all else fails, ask (polite) questions about him and comment on the answers. Good luck!

What Guys Said 6

• Wear something classy, yet attractive. Talk about anything that interests you but be sure to listen and ask questions about him as well. Offer to pay for something or buy him a drink or dessert at another place after dinner if you like the man. That will surprise him and show him that you are a great girl who doesn't just take but is happy to give as well.

• I would suggest neutral clothing.. not to casual, not too flashy. You should be showing that your stance is neutral. You absolutely don't know him. So being neutral will keep him comfortable

• Wear something dressy/casual. Talk about his family, his likes, his job, where he's from, where he went to school... etc.

• Great you have yet another opportunity to connect with another person. That is all a date is. No need to be nervous.
    Clothing- wear a piece that gives you confidence. Go for what you are comfortable wearing, not what you think you should wear.

Conversation-keep it light at the beginning. After pleasantries comment on the venue. " nice restaurant, I love Italian food". Compliment (friendly, not sexy) him on his shirt, you have nice hair, a great cologne, something sweet and sincere. Don't lie.
    STAY AWAY FROM NEGATIVITY. Do not put yourself down when you speak, " you know I could not decide what to wear today I had to ask, I am so dumb" NO NO NO. Enjoy yourself, think fun.

• I don't know , but be on time. Be early. lol.

• It's a hard call

What Girls Said 3

• Be yourself. Nothing going to hurt you. Wear sth comfortable, if you are comfortable in hills all right. Not a baskets of course. Talk about casual things, if the connection is good, conversation will flow. Don't worry, good luck!

• Talk to him like you would anyone else. Be conversational. Make jokes when appropriate. Just don't try hard and be your relaxed self.

• Be confident, be yourself and be funny. Dress nicely but not sexy.