I just don't care about my height. What about you?

This is a question I've been wanting to ask some people out there, girls and guys. I've been told I sort of look like Jonathan Rhys Meyers, and at times Elvis, that mskes sense since he played Elvis, lol.

Well, I love the way I look and I think everyone should like the way they are as individuals.

I see some guys obsessing over height, whether they be 5'6, 5'7. I'm about 5'9 1/2, and when I go into a store, a guy is almost always taller than me but I just don't care because I'm happy with my individual appearance.

Why do people care so much about height?

I meant "The other guys in the store are almost ALWAYS taller than me"

Most Helpful Guy

• Men care about height because they think women care about height (which is not always true, but most of the time it matters to an extent).

Also, I agree with what others have said. At 5'9.5" you don't have much reason to care, cause you're a good height.

What Girls Said 6

• The moment I knew Maynard James Keenan was just 5'6, I stopped caring about a guy's height if they could be THAT amazing.

• You say that because 5'9 is basically average and you'd probably have a harder time accepting your size if you in fact WERE 5'6 - 5'7 which is short for males... especially if all the girls you were interested in were attracted to much taller guys or at least average sized guys 5'8-5'9 etc.

I'm short, and I do think i would look wayyyy better if i were taller, but the guy i'm interested in likes me like this.. so i'm not so bummbed out about my height.

• Yeah, but most of my friends say "6'0 is THE perfect height, anything less than that is TOO SHORT!". It's never mattered to me, and girls are allowed to be short !

• yeah but 5'9 is not short it's basically average, and most girls have no problem dating 5'9" guys or being attracted to them.. guys who are 5'7 have it tougher

• Because guys know that height matters, and affects their dating potential. Height to guys is like what weight is to women.

• Lol I am js, Taller chicks are pretty smokin too. Ha :-p Sometimes hotter than shortet ones

• I'm 5'11 ;(

• It doesn't mean you're not attractive. If you're on the thinner side, it can be a benefit (models are tall and thin). The girls I've known to be rejected because of height were also on the heftier side. Apparently being both is unacceptable to a lot of guys.

• 5'9 is taller than most girls (the average height of most girls is 5'7). You might feel differently, if you were say, 5'4.

• ...oh ok
    ---

• I'm way too short only 4'11. I wish I was 5'8 or something so I can be a model. And if I was taller I wouldn't have to ask awkwardly in stores for someone to reach stuff in the top shelf. Or crawl on counters when cooking.

What Guys Said 7

• Have to completely agree with 'skullyy' on this one. You don't care because you're average. You're basically saying "Why does everyone care how big their penis is? My penis is 5.5 inches (average is ~5.5 inches for while males). Girls say they want 6 inches but I'm happy being 5.5".

Cut off a few inches and come talk when you're 5'3 or when your metaphorical penis is 4 inches. You can't talk unless you've experienced it. Might as well go ahead and give 'skullyy' best opinion.

• Lol nice penis analogy. I agree with you though.

• Thanks! I thought the penis analogy would be relevant here. Also, I meant "white* males".

• I am 6''

A lot of guys think that 6'2 is the ideal, but I don't need to be 6'2

Even when I was 5'11 i was still perfectly fine with my height.

• you're evidently a great guy

• I'm 5'11" and that's plenty tall.

• There's a big diff between 5'9.5 and 5'5.

• And why the fuck would someone care about their height that much? Lol Seems like its big thing in America:-p isn't 5'10 like normal around there? You are over reacting bro. You sounds fine

• That's my point. I'm asking why people care so much. Even if I am considered "Average", any time I'm walking through town or something, nearly all of the guys I pass are taller than me, no exaggeration. I'm saying it because it has never bothered me, even if I am average.

• Taller like what? 2,3 inches? I've a guy in my team, he's like 5'9 same as you. Not so average around here but he have it covered by his bod, awesome hairdo and those shades lol. Its just a number bro, I don't know why they do. Hell if you walk passby me I am pretty sure I won't notice shit lol Js.

• Well the fact that you are bringing it up its obviously in the back of your mind. I don't really think about it either but I am 6'1"

• No, I brought it up because I always hear others bring up how much they hate their height and they're taller than me. To be fair, you've got a freakin' good height lol