Know of any ways to increase appetite? What makes you really hungry?

Im trying to get huge but I'm having problems getting more than 3500-4000 cals. Im already running cycles of cannabis so don't say tht.
Im looking more for triggers that spark your appetite naturally. for example, I have read that anger makes you crave food, and I confirm this.

To clarify, I am NOT eating too much. I workout for over an hour 3x a week, I play ice hockey 3x a week, and I go for a light jog about 2-3x a week. I am 5'10 140 lbs. just to MAINTAIN my current weight, I need about 3000-3300 calories

Most Helpful Girl

• It's hard to accomplish your weight goals in this way because the very things that make us hungry are the very same things that deplete us of energy/calories... So it will ultimately have to be mind over matter where you force feed yourself :/

• Thank you for MH, love.

What Girls Said 8

• I've had that problem as well, but I don't think you should focus on gaining weight. Eating the right things will help you gain weight in the right places, and combining it with exercise makes the process a lot easier and enjoyable.

You are going to have to balance carbohydrates (this gives you energy, but the excess is stored as fat), and protein (the building blocks of muscle) in order to get the right results. I strongly suggest talking to a dietitian if this continues to bother you.

ALSO - your age, ethnicity, and country of residence can play a huge role on how you see yourself.

I am half-Danish and half-Filipino, and I used to live in the Philippines. My aunt, who lived with us, always told me to eat more, and although I've never skipped a meal, I couldn't get myself to gain any weight (wasn't a big fan of Filipino food, so I didn't eat much either). I was tall and skinny among the shorter, generally lanky and big boned locals. I was 20 years old before I moved back to Denmark - but when I did I felt a lot less insecure of myself, simply because my height was average (this removed the illusion of more skinny-ness), and I matched the general body type of the average Copenhagener. I even started to gain weight after coming to Denmark, simply because I liked the food a lot more. Danes in general have a balanced diet (I'm not referring to the traditional danish food as THAT is insanely fatty), good metabolism, and a somewhat active lifestyle.

I'd just say, focus on developing a good diet and exercise regimen while you still can - coz' not many people have a good start to fitness such as you. DRINK LOTS OF MILK and maybe invest in some protein shakes or chocolate milk after your workouts. It will take some years before your metabolism slows down, and when it does you are going to inevitably become concerned over the opposite matter. :P

I think you're on track. Don't forget that a cheat day could help you a little bit, but don't always rely on it.

• real good sex can make you hungry or smoking a joint can make you hungry. try and take a cardio kick boxing class that can make you hungry as long as you put all your effort into the class.

• eat more, it stretches your stomach. And avoid protein, as protein makes you feel full faster.

• walking by cinnabon

• Smoking weed. Sorry, maybe more exercise!

• You think I need more exercise on top of what im doing? lol

• I have no idea mate. I don't know what you are doing. Why do you want to increase anyway if you don't mind me asking ;)

• I am doing stronglifts 5x5 and i am trying to get really really strong. I wouldn't mind gaining a little fat as well, I could care less about a fucking sixpack. You have to be in a caloric surplus to gain weight and maximize strength gains. I do a fuck load of cardio already so I basically have to eat food all day long other wise ill lose my gains. I am just looking for ideas about what makes other people really hungry

• Maybe more food isn't necessary, just eat foods with higher calories counts. If you are then do everything during the day with food next to you. Do homework and eat, watch TV and eat, do chores and eat, eat when you are bored, eat to keep you busy.

• Watch a cooking show

• Try liquid calories. Most guys getting swole drink protein.

What Guys Said 5

• Your body is signalling to you that you don't need any more food, you're already eating approximately twice as much as your body needs in a day. So you can do it with force. Eat more if you like, but it'll wreck your body in the mid to long term.

• According to my nutrition textbook,(and numerous other sources) based on my activity level I need about 3000-3300 calories to maintain my current weight. I am trying to gain weight so you have to add kcals on top of that

• Swimming always made me hungry out of all things. Of course when you use up energy, you have to replace it.

• Well... I am born with a good appetite. I think this is what your parents give u. U can't change it

• Eat a high calorie, low fiber diet.

• You can't rush your body so why are you even trying? It's just stupidity here and you will make yourself ill rather than huge.

• fall back, i'm trying to GAIN weight. That includes fat as well as muscle.