When do crop tops get trashy? Are they ever? Are they always?

I bought myself this cute red crop top, and I love it! It's fire engine red, and pretty much like a t-shirt but it ends right at the end of my ribs. It's got short sleeves, shows zilch cleavage, and is pretty tight. I'm generally a modest dresser, but I really like this shirt. However, I hate high waisted clothes, so I would be wearing it with regular jeans. When does this become trashy? I'm a pretty big believer that you can wear anything with confidence, but I don't want to make any waves or anything. Are crop tops normal now? To me, tummys aren't inherently sexual, so I would just wear this like a normal t-shirt in the summer, but I don't know if most people view crop tops this way? Thank you!

Thanks for all your input! I have no boobs, so that always makes me feel better about wearing stuff I'm not sure about. I watched Lilo and Stitch, and really liked the shirts Nani wears, but she looks so casual in them.

Most Helpful Girl

• Tummies are sexual but if you want to wear that fire engine red crop top.. YOU FCKIN WEAR IT, GIRL! You don't have to ask us for permission.. is it a little trashy? I think you KNOW that it is but sometimes in life, we all have to wear a little fire engine red trashy crop top to keep our sanity.. DO WHAT YOU WANT!! DON'T ASK FOR PERMISSION!!!

What Guys Said 1

• I am not a big fan of them, but if you want to wear it them wear it.

What Girls Said 5

• I think it looks great if you have the body for it.
    It only looks trashy if you have cleavage hanging out.

• I like crop tops, so if you feel confident wearing it just wear it.

• I think crop tops look great only if you don't have big boobs

• Lol is it from American Apparel

• The skinnier and shapeless you are the better off you'll be. If you've got big boobs and it tight it will definitely come across as provocative. I'm skinny but I have big boobs so I can't imagine stepping out of the house in a crop top. If its a loose one maybe I can get away with it but certainly not a tight one even if its not low cut. Crop tops get a bad rep. I wish that wasn't the way things were because if I had to show skin I would much show off my toned tummy than show off my legs or boobs. I think the bad rep comes from jealous girls thin/fit shaming society into believing that wearing a crop top is slutty/trashy/sexual even though a tummy isn't sexual body part.