What does it take to beautiful in this society?

To me it appears that Black guys, white guys, Mexicans guys, any guy period are going after white, Mexican, Asian , Latin, and bi-racial women. I am a black woman 20 years old, I'm more attracted to white guys but I am not picky. If I notice a handsome black guy, he is usually with a Mexican or white woman. I feel like in order to attract a man today, I have to have light skin, long hair, a slim nose, small lips and a big butt or boobs. I am short, skinny, dark skinned, I don't wear to much makeup and I don't wear weaves or fake nails. My hair is straight and I have an athletic body. I am soft spoken, short, and humble. To me I am the opposite of what men want in their women today?

Most Helpful Guy

• Unfortunately, Black women and Asian men are least attracted people in the US, at least according to match.com. The reason is black women seem to be too masculine and Asian men are too feminine. Thus, you are fighting an uphill battle. However, I'm not saying you are not attractive or beautiful. It's just going to be more difficult for you to have dating opportunities. I know because I'm in the same boat. Now, we can be stubborn and be prideful and stick with "who we are," or we have to do something that aligns with what society thinks is beautiful. You can't dye your skin just like I can't change the "slantiness" of my eyes. So that's out. Working out and getting a "hot" body is step one. Being more flirtatious and coy is another option. You could put more make up on. Smile and eye f*%king could work as well. You may have to just approach guys; it is the 21st Century.

• I have really small slanty eyes too, even though I am black, and people say when I smile it looks like my eyes are closed...

• The good news about squinting when smiling is it demonstrates sincerity in the smile.

What Guys Said 2

• My girlfriend is black, and it's no coincidence as I'm far more attracted to black women than any other ethnicity (I'm white). She's also skinny, doesn't have a giant butt or boobs, doesn't wear makeup/fake nails, and is extremely soft-spoken/humble, all of which I prefer.

Of course I'm not really sure what the majority of men prefer, you'd have to look up a study for that. This is just what I prefer in a girl.

I think pushing for more education in general as well as a focus on ethics is what will really fix this problem. A lot of guys still just think with their penis, and even when they do use their brain their morals are all screwed up.

• You are fine. Generally speaking what keeps a person from being datable is less external factors and prejudices and more availabilities and opportunities. My cat just threw up.

What Girls Said 2

• Always think that you are beautiful in your own way. A guy will come one day and he'll love you just the way you are.

• Being yourself. Being comfortable and confident in your own skin. The way you carry yourself and treat others.

And boobs.