Guys and girls, does it matter to you how tan somebody is?

I have a friend who is very self conscious about how pale she is. She thinks that most guys will go for a tan girl, over a pale one. It got me thinking, is this true? Personally, I like pale-ish girls, but it's not a big deal at all to me. What do you guys think?

• Tan
  • Doesn't matter
  • Pale
Hmm, It appears pale is winning! I'll have to show her this.

Most Helpful Girl

• doesn't matter to me. to me, being natural is the best

What Girls Said 18

• I don't care about tans. My friends always stress during and after summer over their tans because they want to be as tan as possible. So much stress for literally nothing haha. I'm extremely pale myself, so it wouldn't be good for me to try to get a tan. I would just burn my skin and get skin cancer or something.

• Fake tans look way worse than natural tans, but if a guy has a natur tan that's fine to me. Also if his skin tone is just naturally that colour, that's good too. My fiance is white but he is on the dark side and always tans in the summer. It looks good!

• tbh this is actually something i seem to take notice of… I'm very attracted to tanned skin.. i only discovered that recently. NOT to say that I'm not attracted to fair and darker skin…
    but it plays absolutely no role in who i date

• I really could not care less.

• Doesn't matter to me how tan someone else is. I think I look better tan but don't necessarily find others to be better looking when they're tan. Weird I know.

• I honestly don't care, but I just think it's weird how girls always want to be tan and get spray tans which are pretty weird in my opinion. If I wanted to lean towards one side, it would be pale.

• What's worse than pale skin is a bunch of tan lines. In comparison pale skin wins.

• Doesn't matter to me :) To be honest, I'm very pale and sometimes I dislike it, because some times I can be as white as a paper, so I'm happy when I can tan just a little bit.

• I have a knack for tan guys, but naturally tan not white guys that sit out in the sun all day. I mean Latino or Middle eastern.

• It shouldn't matter. You should love the skin you were born with. It looks fake when girls get tans from the tanning bed or a spray tan. I mean, you can tell

• Tan guys are kind of a turn off...I mean, if you're white and tan it's a turn off, but ethnicity wise, it's fine.

If I preferred girls, I'd go for pale.

• Nah, doesn't matter at all to me.

• No, it doesn't matter to me.

• The only way it matters to me is if they are SO tan or focused on tanning that it becomes unhealthy. If they're just in the sun a lot and are active, that's fine. If they look like beef jerky, I'd be concerned.

• No doesn't matter.

• never based the attractiveness for a guy based on his "tan"

• I really like pale skin. Tan is fine too, but I just prefer pale.

• I don't care about that

What Guys Said 9

• I prefer no tan, but if they came by their tan honestly (by being outside as part of their lifestyle, rather than specifically tanning), then that's fine. in my opinion, there's no reason to intentionally tan, and fake-baking and spray-tans are LESS attractive to me than normal skin color.

• A bit of a tan is fine. Basically what you would normally get just being out and about. If you lay in the sun for hours at a time or go to tanning salons that tends to be too much tan.

• Tanning in moderation is a good thing. Too pale may make someone look sick.

• I prefer pale girls over tan girls any day

• Doesn't really matter to me. I'm pale though, hahaha. My pale Irish skin. But anyway pale looks good so does tan and dark really isn't one of the things that matter too much since I can find them all attractive.

• Doesn't matter much to me but I don't want extremes wither way. Not pasty but not crispy either.

• I prefer at least a little tan, but if she looks like a piece of caramel or caser the ghost no. Somewhere in the middle.

• I like pale Asians ... nuff said

• I dont like tan. It turns me off. Just not my thing.