What do you think of my style? Constructive criticism needed?

I like to wear comfy clothes, but I still try to not look like I'm wearing homewear. Please look at my avatar and tell me what you think. Ignore the smudge on the mirror. Please be honest, but in a nice way. I need your constructive criticism.

Most Helpful Girl

• I agree with another commenter that it actually would help to see your face, because that matters too. But I get it.

Overall it looks comfy and fine. It does look a little mom-ish. I don't think the colors in that particular outfit are the best together but that's my opinion. What if you did that outfit with a shorter cardigan over, or changed out the button-up shirt for a v-neck t-shirt? If you add a necklace or a cute scarf that could make the outfit more fun and younger, too.

• thanks. what kind of necklace? I'm not a fan of chunky jewelry. are long vintage necklaces ok?

• Yeah sure, whatever you like. Just try to make all the colors go together well and don't wear anything too big for you or too baggy.

• OK thank you!

What Guys Said 6

• I like the pantyhose and skirt a lot. The top doesn't really work because it does not fit with the rest of the outfit because of the pattern. If it was just plain purple it would work. A different cardigan too, this one has too much of a bath robe look to me. Still much more effort then most girls at my college seem to put in.

• You look fine to me but appearances are goal driven. What exactly do you want? You could look more professional if that's what you need, you could encapsulate your shape if you want sexual responses and attention, and you could change ever so slightly if you wanted more of a look conducive to a specific appeal.

Overall, you're fine though. Decent and acceptable insofar as being outside goes.

• I'm a student, I just want to look okay for uni :) after all, uni is not a fashion show..

• any ideas on what could attract more attention? But only a bit. and in a good way.

• Your clothing ages you a little bit, as someone else said, so perhaps just choosing slightly less conservative clothing or adding less conservative and "safe" jewelry would do. It can be as simple as a unique pattern or a differentiation in color.

• I think by dressing like that you give the impression you're much older than you really are. Not sure if you'd want that.

• It just kinda looks frumpy and plain, in my opinion. Not flattering to your figure.

• Any suggestions? How can I improve? I:m a student

• like I said, my preferences aren't your style...so as with most of the responses here, take them with a grain of salt.

• ok, thanks :)

• You look super average.

• Well, it was better with the face, because the clothes should match with clothes too :p

What Girls Said 1

• I think you could easily make this outfit much nicer with some nice accessories. As it is now, it's quite plain and a little unflattering. Maybe try some cute ankle boots and a statement necklace? If the cardigan was a little less long (ends around your hips) that would be even better because your figure wouldn't be completely lost in it. Hope that helps!

• Thanks! But I'm not a fan of chunky statement necklaces, I think they look tacky. any other ideas?