What makeup goes well with a royal purple dress for prom?

For prom, I bought a royal purple dress. The dress has a sweetheart neckline and it's mermaid. For my accessories, I'm thinking purple silver teardrop earrings, silver and purple ring, silver shoes, silver bracelet, and a silver clutch. For my nails, I'm doing French nails with purple and silver tips. For my makeup, I have no idea what to do. I know I want something that's not too much. I don't want to look like a clown. My skin is light brown and I have really dark small eyes. What type of makeup would go with my complexion and my dress?

I don't know if this will help, but I just set a picture of me as my profile picture so you guys can see my complexion. Check it out of you can. I really want an accurate anwser. It will be deleted after two days.

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 1

What Girls Said 4

• I honestly don't think i have ever seen anyone be able to look "classy" with bright colored makeup like that. It's more of a fun look, rather an a classy sexy look, and thats how you want to look for prom, more classy and sexy. So i would go with a white shimmery color, because it goes with anything, and it always looks good if you apply it right. Thick, long eyelashes, some eyeliner, and little bit of shimmer would be perfect for from i think. Sexy but not over done.

• For prom, the type of look i'm going for is youthful yet sophisticated. I don't know about the thick long eye lashes but I like the shimmer idea.

• Simple grey/black smokey eyes.
    Avoid silver.

• A teal colored eye shadow would look cute. or even a glittery silver color.

• Purple goes so nice with bronze and light brown...

Actually I recommend going to a mac counter and a professional give you tips before the big day...xx

• I'm getting my makeup done by a professional. I'm going to this makeup store in the mall that charges only $30