Is it stupid that i get angry when my boyfriend tells me that i look cute?

I mean, ok i feel stupid, but sometimes i try sooooo hard to look sexy just for him, and i want words more than just cute, li dono , i want him to tell me that i look beautiful , cuz im only trying to be beautiful JUST FOR HIM,

Most Helpful Girl

• I agree..I don't like when my BF calls me "cute" either...the word reminds me of a small child or furry animal...

• Thats exactly what it reminds me of

What Guys Said 4

• I don't think it's necessarily stupid. Next time he gives you one of the compliments you really like just emphasize how much you like it.

• Thnxx

• no problem to be honest I was in a bad mood I have to poop badly and my brother lied to me and said he is not taking a shower and he went in and took a shower.

• LMAO

• Yeah and if you don't like it then you shouldn't call guys cute anymore.

• I do t call guys cute anyways

• Don't think emotion and if it bothers you that much then break up with him.

• No , i love him, but yeah its stupid i know thnx anyways

• You can't change what you are.

• It doesn't surprise me that he only calls you cute. Most guys don't use words like sexy or beautiful, because we have been taught that those words objectify women. Cute therefore became our fallback word that we use instead of sexy, beautiful, or hot when talking to a girl.

It may also be that you are only cute, and can't pull off sexy, which isn't a bad thing. A lot of guys prefer cute over the other looks. Anyway I don't think it is right to get angry just because he gives you a different compliment than the one you wanted.

What Girls Said 2

• Just because he calls you "cute" doesn't mean he doesn't think you look sexy and beautiful, too.

You're thinking too much into it and analyzing the words too much.

• Thank you. Ur right

• Just being honest :) Really though…don't worry about it.

• You should be grateful that he is giving you a compliment in the first place. Stop being so spoiled.

• Yeah thats why i think am stupid