Are there any of you who are said to be attractive, but don't feel like you are?

Met my old roommate today, he's one yummy-looking guy. Other people have said that he's average, but I think he's hot. I think part of what makes me think he's hot is that he doesn't seem to realize that he's hot. He acts so naturally, so carefree.

I know my question would probably get the most answer "yes" from girls, because girls get complimented (fake compliments?) all the time by guys, yet have thousands of insecurities. This would make them feel unattractive, even though they are.

If you answer this question with "yes", what makes you feel unattractive?

Most Helpful Guy

• I guess I'm probably like 90% of males. I would not say I'm 'said to be attractive'. The odd person says I am, but they seem to be a distinct minority who I assume are either being nice or just have unusual tastes, or more often in my mind, like a couple things about me plus something about my personality.

But its not like it is for general reasonably attractive girls where a dozen guys online a day will say they're so attractive and they don't see it. What a girl who is a 6 or 7 gets in online complements a day is what i'd get in 5 years.

• that's cause girls don't normally compliment guys, whereas guys shower girls with compliments, that girls just have to be careful not to fall for the fake compliments. Not being complimented doesn't mean you're not attractive.

• Oh it's more then that. Guys are not interested in the majority of women.

• But they are interested in the majority of women your age who are in okay shape and take some basic care of themselves. They are genuinely attracted.

What Guys Said 8

• I've been told multiple times that I could go far in modeling and many girls stare at me a lot. Although I don't feel attractive at times due to a girl being fickle in a relationship with me.

• I agree with what you describe as a strong point to make someone attractive: a natural way of behaving, being friendly, bringing humour.
    People who want to be attractive and play a role are generally avoided by others.
    I don't want an actor in my bed, I want a sweet girl to kiss and cuddle :-)

• I've been told that I'm attractive and have an awesome personality..but the fact that chicks are hesitant to date me makes me wonder if their compliments are fake..I can't help thinking that they just want to get acquainted so that I can connect them with others or they can use me in some other way.

• I don't know. I'm the guy mothers have always said has a nice smile and blue eyes. But I don't think I get oggled much but that's perhaps dependent on some other things.

• Most girls online have said I'm ugly or average. Girls in real life do not compliment me. So no I do not think I am attractive but I don't completely hate the way I look. I appreciate what I got. It can always be worse

• eh most times i don't really care, however when i meet a woman that i feel attraction for i suddenly start feeling 'oh crap, am i ugly looking?" but that moment fades pretty soon after

• I am not said to be attractive. My belief is congruent with society's. :D

• I've been called cute by classmates and coworkers but I take that to mean that I'm just young & innocent looking, not attractive. I highly doubt any of them were/are attracted to me.

• Cute usually means attractive. Mr. DiCaprio is always called cute.

• depends on the woman who says it. If it's your aunt, then it means cute as in like a baby. If it's a girl your age, it mostly means attractive.

• Well, I don't mean to sound cynical but I'd bet those girls meant "cute as in like a baby" when referring to me. I'm 99.9% sure they don't think of me as sexually attractive.

What Girls Said 6

• Yes. I'm average honestly, and I hate it when people insist on calling me beautiful or anything of the sort because it feels fake to me haha. And I really hate the way my face looks without makeup (I don't even use much, just a little mascara and concealer). I just look tired and bitchy. :/

• being completely honest, you do have a very nice figure :)

• Ehh I have no curves since I'm underweight and my face is average haha. But it's ok.

• Its not that I feel unattractive just that I don't think there's anything special. I see and know numerous girls who are a lot more attractive and don't know why/how a guy could be attracted to me over them. I guess its that I just don't see it in me but its not something I've that I think about a lot or takes up too much of my time. I don't dwell on it or see it as a confidence thing I just don't put too much value in looks

• "Its not that I feel unattractive just that I don't think there's anything special. I see and know numerous girls who are a lot more attractive and don't know why/how a guy could be attracted to me over them."
      -> that's exactly how I feel too. Except that I think that I'm a little more on the unattractive side because there are some of my facial features that I just hate.

• we always want what we don't have =)

• Exactly! And what's rare is beautiful

• Yes. I hate my skin in general.

• honestly? no I don't think i am unattractive, sure I am no super model but I am certainly not ugly.

• Yes i have been told i am attractive but i find myself just average or nothing special about my looks.
    i have always seem myself as average..especially when i was often mocked at when i was a kid

• I feel like yes haha only because I feel like my habits make me unattractive. It is kind of stupid really! lol but, I don't like how clumsy I am and how messy I can be when cooking or something. haha
    I know that is all very stupid but those were just examples!

I think, it is more of a---my ex boyfriends were douchebags so it lowered my self esteem lol I am working on it. By being by myself and fixing what I don't like about myself =)

It sucks because a lot of people think I am some great amazing thing lol a bit of an overstatement I feel! But, it is true when people say you are your worst critic! And, I feel like, I won't let anyone get close enough to me to see my flaws. =/