What tattoo should I get?

first time tat on my side near my hip area

i've decided instead of behind my ear I want it on my side (of the body).. so here are some ideas...

#1- Gatsby quote:

"In my younger and more vulnerable years my father gave me some advice that I've been turning over in my mind ever since."Whenever you feel like criticizing any one," he told me, "just remember that all the people in this world haven't had the advantages that you've had.""

-but I might just condense it to "Whenever you feel like criticizing any one,just remember that all the people in this world haven't had the advantages that you've had."

#2-A Buddist Quote:

-“No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path.”

or

-“There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth; not going all the way, and not starting.”

#3- Empire Records Quote:

its kinda silly that my favorite actor said it in the movie but its a really good quote, sadly I don't know who its by in real life...

"I do not regret the things I've done but those I did not do"

#4- something for my grandma

im not quite sure what, I think a photo for the first time would be too painful but if anyone would like to draw me up something for her that would be nifty.. I added a photo of her, she passed away in '01..

link

PERSONALLY IM LIKING OPTION 1 OR 3 BUT WHAT DO YALL THINK?

• Option 1
  • 2 (and I like buddah quote #...)
  • Option 3
  • 4 (and here's and idea I made for you!)
  • DONT GET A TAT!! EVER!!!!!

Most Helpful Guy

• Whichever one you get, make sure it's something you love enough to have it imprinted on you forever. But the Buddhist one is way cool.

What Guys Said 1

• 1 is too long 2 I pretty good I like the second 1 best, I chose 3 in the poll because it seems clever as a tattoo and the grandma thing is a nice sentiment but I think there are other ways to remember her that might be better.

What Girls Said 7

• 3 is really good, although my favorite out of those is 2, the first one, because that one really resonated. 3 is really short and meaningful though, so I'd go with that out of the ones you like best.

• I like the Buddhist quotes. The Empire Records quote is good to. The first quote seems too long.

• I think #1 is too long... and the condensed version lost it's meaning...

• personally I love the gatsby quote. just make sure it's something you will cherrish and enjoy!

• The third one is the best and totally true!

• you can't spell Buddhist...

• If you aren't really certain about what you want then you probably shouldn't get a tattoo.