Girls under the age of 25, would you reject a guy solely for being 5'7?

I asked this on another board, but the community there in general was a lot of older people like in their middle ages, so they might be more lenient on height, but it seems like the younger you go, the more superficial people are.

So I would like a in general younger community's opinion.

My largest is my height. My expected adult height is unlikely to pass 5'7". I am between 5'3 and 5'4 and 16 years old. And my parents are both short (5'7 and 5'0). Actually, I might not even make 5'7.

The reason I ask is I have read some really depressing stories that men in this height range wrote. They said how almost every girl said that they could date if he was half a foot taller, even though they even admitted that his looks were a 10.

Being of Indian descent doesn't help either. I mean I have really good hygiene, don't have an accent, am raised in America and am Americanized, my parents don't cling to traditional beliefs, and am a counterexample to a lot of the stereotypes made about us. So I am basically like a white dude person-wise but Indian looks-wise. But still, nevertheless, race can also be a disadvantage. However, I am not too worried about race, as much as I am about HEIGHT. Height is ****ing important as you can see from what Rosa said and other anecdotes. A lot of girls' first inclination when asked to date a short guy is, "Eww!"

• Yes, even though I am shorter, that's too short.
  • Yes, but only because I am taller than him.
  • Not a deal-breaker, but I do PREFER really tall guys.
  • No, I don't care about height as long as he's taller.
  • I don't care about height at all, even if I am taller.

Most Helpful Girl

• No honestly thats kind of harsh. I mean I don't usually have that issue at 5'1" ish but I feel like thats too judgmental especially if you guys are a good match...

• Yeah, it's funny. Every board I go to more or less says the same thing. But then why do I see people like that guy on Yahoo! Answers saying how in real life no girl will give her the time of day.

You know that dude I was talking about. Yeah search, "I want to kill myself because I am short yahoo answers". He's a 5'7 dude and while that may sound a bit over-dramatic, I think you should read his story before you make any assumptions. And he's not the only guy. There are a lot of short guys who are suicidal because of this exact issue!

I mean look what he's saying. He listens, his looks are a 10, he is talented. No girl will give him the time of day (except 2 in the past). I mean, I was depressed for a few days after I first read that and thought, wow I am screwed.

Now I myself hardly have any experience. But I just feel like I will get rejected a ton, because I am in a worse position than that guy is (not as good looking and a different race). And HE has it bad!

• Ok, that is just so cruel, especially because people were answering so mean. Im just going to say we aren't all like that...yeah I'm not going to lie mI might not be crazy about a 4' tall guy, but you are fine, that is so stupid of people. Im sorry if you are getting crap from shallow people :/

Most Helpful Guy

• Girls under 25 have absolutely no idea what they want. They think they want the rich, tall, jawline guy. 25 to 30 they kind of know what they want and 30+ they'll take anything since they're strategies have all failed and they're on the clock for kids.

• SEE that's what I mean. I am worried that my young dating life, in which the sex is the best, is going to be screwed up.

• Yeah don't even bother. They're all nuts and have no idea what they want. Things will be good one day, and you'll be old news the next. Or, things will be great and that ideal rich dude with the jawline will come along and you're history anyway.

What Girls Said 7

• Ewww, a guy being 5'7, lawlz wut a loser lolololol.

But seriously, height has never been an issue for me. Also, Peter Dinklage is fekin hot.

• Height doesn't/shouldn't matter...I'm super short myself (4'9 1/2) so unless you have dwarfism, you're tall to me

• No. That's no issue. I am 5'4 so 5'7 is fine.

My boyfriend is 5'8.

• Well no. I'm 5'7 myself so that would just be hypocrisy. In terms of height the only thing I "require" is for him to be either the same height or taller.But I'd never not give someone a chance just cos they were an inch shorter.

• Nope, I'm 5'5 and still think 5'7 is fine for a guy. Honestly, as cliche as this sounds, if a girl really likes a guy…nothing, I mean nothing will deter her from liking you.

• I don't think age matters. It's about preference and her height

• I don't care about height..yes being tall is somehow viewed as being more attractive but that's just height. My boyfriend is 21 and only 5'6 but to me he is very handsome and attractive. He is a Caucasian so he is very short compared to others even compared to Asians . .

What Guys Said 3

• Your under 18 bud your considered "jail bait" haha what 25 year olds are you going after?

• I am just saying- regarding my young dating life - from now until I am 25. Besides the Age of Consent here is 16. So it WOULD be legal lol.

• Haha if you think those 25's are going after a 16 year old good luck bud haha

• LOL, I am not saying that. What I meant is my dating life from now until I am 25. The next 9 years of my dating life basically. I am not saying I am going for 25-year olds, lol. It wouldn't even be possible for me to try.

• you shouldn't care what people think especially about height.. some girls like the shorties

• I think if she does, she is shallow