What's your view on tattoos and piercings?

Today my parents got in a heated discussion with each other. My dad said that tattoos are trashy and he calls them tramp stamps. This p*ssed my mother off because she has a tattoo. My dad has always told me and my sister that if we got a tattoo we would be living on the streets. Then we moved onto piercings. I have two in each ear and I want more. Again my dad said when I have a place to live because I can do what I want to. He said that when a guy has a piercing he's gay and when a girl has more than 2 then she's a whore. I know it's just his opinion. It's just not fair because my mom has said she would take me for the piercing and she would even sign for a tattoo, but I can't do wither. I just want to know what others views are about these things?

Most Helpful Guy

• Your dad is just being a dad. Picture your child getting a tattoo and how would you react?

I'll be honest, the vast majority of the people who I've known got tattoos, which they hadn't when they were older. But anyhow, it's more of a youth and rebellious phase. But anyhow, it's your body. Do what you will with it.

I personally don't like tattoos, and I find piercings to be normal. Except tongue lol.

What Guys Said 3

• I'm getting a big honking scorpion on my shoulder and bicep. Tattoos are cool, just think it through because it's there forever unless you want a big scar. Piercings, ears are okay for me.

• in my opinion , both are nasty on a girl and girls that have tattoos and piercings tend to be a lot more promiscuous than the ones without so they get preyed on by the wrong kind of guys.

• Small tattoos are fine by me except ones on the lower back. Large tattoos such as ones covering an arm or back, I not too big a fan but they can be tolerated. Piercings on ears and maybe belly buttons are okay. I am completely put off by tongue, nose, and too many piercings.

What Girls Said 2

• i think as long as it's concealable behind clothing, it's fine. I would get one just below my back area that's easily covered by pants or skirt or whatever.

i've pierced my eyebrow before and my ears are pierced, I have 3 in either ear.

that's a mean thing to say about tats and peircings. he sounds really strict.

• I think its fine, if its something like a 3rd ear piercing. but why would you want to be bothered with something on your belly button, or nose, they'd to me, get really annoying.

But about the whole tattoo thing... just think about what itll look like once you're 70 years old :S

for me, theyre both ok, if its not too showy :)

• Hm... I love tattoos on guys and girls. I'm bi... Still, before getting anything it's always good to think of how it'll look later.

Oh, yeah, I'm a fan of GOOD tattoos, ones that are meaningful and appropriate to a person's skin color / weight / ect. People that go to bad artists just because they're cheap... *shudders* Not a fan at all.