What is the secret about eyelash growth?

Is there a product, pill, or something that grows eyelashes? can you give some examples?

Most Helpful Girl

• There is a product on the drug market called Latisee(which someone posted the link to below), its used by glaucoma patients, but recent studies have shown that it makes lashes thicker and longer by increasing the growth cycle. It was approved in the United States to also be used for cosmetic purposes, and I know that eye doctors have the ability to write out the RX because when I went to get my eyes checked out a few months ago they asked me if I was interested in trying it out.

But you could always do what I do and use good ole false lashes..i use Ardell size 105 and their beautiful, you can get them in most drugstores like CVS.

What Guys Said 5

• As long as you are healthy, the only thing that determines your eyelash length is genetics. There is no product that will make them grow longer. Mascara and similar products will make them look longer though.

• There are in fact drugs that can make eyelashes grow. It is one of the side effects of glaucoma treatment that seems to be positive. On the other hand, it also messes with eye color and skin tone. Turns out that petroleum jelly does the same job without the side effects.

• Eyelash growth is determined by genetics but can be affected by some medications. Drugs like minoxidil that have hair growth effects can also grow eyelashes, although this is not recommended. Instead, the only way to "grow" eyelashes is to try and manually pull the eyelashes further from their base without plucking, or use makeup that looks to extend the eyelash.

• first!

Alright, seriously, Google: eyelash growth studies

Bam! :D

• Eyelashes grow to a certain length and then cease to grow. They cannot grow any longer than this naturally. To make eyelashes appear longer temporarily, apply mascara. Eyelash extensions may also help artificially lengthen lashes.

What Girls Said 17

• anything you see that claims to make lashes grow longer is a gimick. you can dye your lashes special dyes that you can buy in the beauty section (at least I know you can in Britain) which will color the white tips black and make them appear longer without the use of mascara. but no, eye lash length is entirely genetic =( my lashes are pathetic *tear*

• Theres an add of this page for

link

lol I use Vitamin E in like a gell and just put it on my lashes...it helps to keep them healthy! :)

• I do that too

• Spazticbert88, I agree, it seems that when I wear mascara, my lashes aren't as supple, soft or healthy...lol I even use it on my lips and then they're SUPER soft...I use it in oil...it's thick and stuff, but it works GREAT. you can probably get it in most health stores....this is an image of the one I use http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/3183PCWZREL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Anyways, put your knowledge to good use...and it's prob not that expensive! :D

• Just realized it's less than ten bucks on Amazon.... http://www.amazon.com/Jason-Natural-Cosmetics-Vitamin-Beauty/dp/B00014D1SI and it's the good kind...You can also use it on like scars to make them disappear faster... :) So this is like, totally an investment! ;)

• i use clear mascara underneath and then let it dry and then put extra coats of the maybelline mascara that comes in a pink container. that one works well.

and taking vitamin b also helps with hair growth.

• Latisse, hmm?

Gotta check that out.

For - I'm assuming - a much cheaper method...Vaseline. No lie.

It works for like...everyone. Check it out/try it.

• Typically the stuff they advertise for lash growth also discolors the iris and the eyelid. The iris discoloration is permanent (I think that's what I read), and I don't know about you, but I have blue eyes and I'd rather have weak eyelashes and pretty blue eyes than eyelashes that go *sha-bam!* but my pretty blue eyes have odd brown spots in them.

• there are certain liquids. but a lot of times its genetics.

mexicans or dark skinned, dark haired hispanics have thick long hair... and thick long eyelashes.

i am half mexican half blak and people say I have really long eyelashes. theyve said it all my life.

i don't think theyre all THAT long but wen I use mascara they look dramatically fake.

so yeah it depends on ur race {for natural length)

but jus use fake ones.. people wear fake nails, fake hair, fake eye color... might as well use fake lashes.. everyone else seems to be doing it

• Naturally I have really long lashes, so I've never needed anything to help them grow, but I've heard some awesome stuff about this product: link

• For females who want bigger eyelashes, almond oil is a natural way to make them grow faster.

Applying almond oil on eyelashes every night will make them grow faster by enriching them with natural vitamins and minerals.It should be applied at night before bed. Apply a couple of drops on to the fingers and apply them gently on to the eyelashes. Next, massage them into the skin around them. Make sure before applying almond oil to your eyelashes that your face and hands are clean and to clean them with warm water...Read here that whether you trust these eyelash growth serums at:

link

• The new marini lash is free of prostaglandins - the glaucoma drug that, until recently, powered most eyelash growth products and was associated with side effects that could harm the eyes and change their color. The main ingredients are moisturizers, sodium hyaluronate and hydrolized glycosaminoglycans. According to a study published in the british journal of dermatology, the extracellular matrix of hair follicles is rich in glycosaminoglycans and they seem to be involved in regulating hair growth. Eg. Revitalash

• Actually, I have heard about Castor Oil. You can purchase it at the drug store for like $2 and I have heard that if you apply it to your lashes for a month, you will get fuller, thicker lashes. I am gonna try it to see what happens. Also, there are videos about it on you tube.

• i think a lot of it is genetics. For example, I have a friend who is half arabic and she has really long lashes, but they are not uber thick but there are ways to fake lashes. for example, mascara or fake lashes. I work at a cosmetic counter and we just came out with a product to boost lash length

• There is no secret to eyelash growth, or hair growth in general. Hair growth on all parts of the body is completely determined by genetics and can't be altered. However, you can try to keep your hair healthy for longer (thereby allowing it to grow longer) by taking fish oil pills two to three times per day.

• Well, I've been using a product called Brow & Lash Growth Accelerator by Ardell, and I did notice some changes in length and thickness. I got it at Long's Drug Store for about $4-6 dollars. You apply it like you would mascara. ^-^

• not really, no. accept yourself and learn to love yourself as you are.

• the pill- will not only make your eye lashes grow longer, but all your body hair too. Think before doo.

• Well now there is that latisse stuff

• i have no idea but mascara always makes mine longer and honestly the best mascara for length is zoom by mac...its amazing