Is it okay to send pictures over the internet?

to a guy as long as your clothed?

Most Helpful Guy

• You're over 18, and provided you're not in the witness protection program, or have a creepy boyfriend/girlfriend / stalker after you, or you're not super cautious, I suppose it's your decision, but be aware that it's like giving a random person a photo.

When I was in college, some friends would take unguarded photos and mess with them. Now it was usually pretty minor, and usually just meant to be funny, (I actually ended up being the computer wallpaper on EVERY computer on campus; even faculty computers; because I can make a certain goofy face really well; I didn't mind it, but it was a surprise) but... you never really know what the person is thinking, so just be careful. Then again, being between 35 and 45 years old, you probably know this stuff anyway.

Just to bring up a few points (you never know) Make sure you don't give too much information, (like a pic of your house (with the address) in the background); make sure it's nondescript background image; also, make sure the photo doesn't have anyone else, and make sure it's not copyrighted.

Don't do a "slutty" or provocative pose; in essence, don't send anything you wouldn't mind your parents / boss seeing. If it's on the internet, it might just might be found by someone you didn't want seeing it. The same, of course, goes for what you type.

We had a mayor who caused a big scandal by text messaging; not only did he have an affair with a staff member; he had very graphic texts proving the affair as well as texts discussing several other legal wrongdoings. These were "private texts" (but were on (city provided) company phones) or so they thought. Caused a bit of a national scandal too, for it being "private."

Just a word of caution.

I have promo pictures that are on facebook. Some people are creepy, so I do try to limit who can see stuff; and I try to keep information from being out there that would be super embarrassing. I even limit who can see my phone number, or when I'm on FB, or what I do when I'm on. You never know...

What Guys Said 5

• It's best learn about a person before ever doing something like that so casually. It could come back to haunt you, if your not careful.

• I wouldn't give a guy enough info that he could do bad things if he was really inclined to do so if you don't know much about him. Generally clothes pics aren't gonna be a big deal. Just don't give him your name, drivers license, social security, face pics, fingerprints, habits and weaknesses all at once... Be skeptical and be safe, but don't be so afraid. Not everyone online is a scumbag.

• must know the guy, trust the guy, and photos must be something your show your grand parents that won't make them upset. Only way to be safe

• you need to know him to do it either way

whether your clothed is up to you

and how much clothing at that

• Ahhh your'e only 16, your a baby....but a mature one at that...:)

• I've stripped for money on webcams and in real life. It's fine.

What Girls Said 8

• I think knowing the guy in person would be more beneficial than to just send something over like that. There are jerks and there are people who pretend they are interested but don't care about you as an individual. I would not send pictures. I think some people have made that mistake. It freaks me out if I did that, that someone has my picture and I'm fair game. It will be a pain to track down someone you have never met in person.

• The rule I go by is: If you wouldn't mind other people you know (like your parents or close friends) seeing the pic, then go for it :)

• If I may add, you can do the "Attorney General" test. Basically, if you, one day, become the Attorney General, would this picture be detrimental to your career?

• Lol okay thanks but the pics are good nothing that friends or family or atty general would be ashamed of.

• Can't see any reason in the world why it wouldn't be ok to exchange pics' over the Internet or phone as long as everyone is properly clothed. Girls in their bikini I would think is appropriate but nothing less than that.

• if your clothed what's the problem. people post pictures of them self all over the internet. so its the same thing.

• That's what I thought but I just wanted to be sure, I didn't do anything I shouldn't have done.

• Sending pics to a guy clothed or unclothed would be a safe option only if you are more than cent sure that he won't use in wrong way. A pic can easily be morphed...you know what I mean.

Think a lot before sending him !

• nop I wouldn't trust :)

• If you know that he is not a pervert etc. and know a bit about him..

• you can do whatever you want