He loves me, but won't be with me?

My boyfriend of 2 years started pulling away. We eventually broke up we didn't talk for like a week after that. When we did finally talk, I asked him what I did wrong in the relationship he said, that I did nothing wrong that in fact I did everything right. He said I was perfect, and that he misses me and loves me, but he just wished he had his thoughts and words organized so that I would understand. He hugged me, we kissed and said: "it really sucks to be me right now". I haven't heard from his since. He left me very confused, if he loves me and I'm perfect and I did nothing wrong why won't he be with me? Help, any input?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think perhaps he thinks he doesn't deserve you, maybe his done something wrong and just hasn't told you, there could be a million explanations and you'll never find out the right one unless you keep asking. Maybe he just isn't ready to be in a relationship right now and even though he loves you he doesn't wanna be with you because he cares enough to let you go out and find someone who is just as serious as you are. Don't necessarily take this as a bad thing, it could be that he cares for you so much he doesn't want to see you get hurt and he thinks he will hurt you.

What Guys Said 1

• I'll answer this because I've been in his shoes. Sometimes a guy has strong feelings for a girl, but it doesn't mean he wants to be with her. When he tells you that you did nothing wrong and you are a perfect girlfriend, he probably really means it. But just because you are a perfect girlfriend doesn't mean you are perfect for each other. It is possible for someone to have feelings for another but know inside that it isn't meant to be. My advice would be to value the experience and connection for what it was and look forward to new opportunities.

What Girls Said 1

• Hmmmm!?! What can I say about this one? Well from what I seen so far in life you can do everything right, some men just don't want that. Some like a challenge and you are not that. Its to easy with you, your too perfect. He might feel as if he isn't good enough for you and you deserve better.