Guys, would you be threatened by a woman who dresses nice and has everything going for her?

Heeey whats up peeps!!

So my mum tells me that the reason why I am single is because I over dress (I always wear dresses, heels and have nice makeup on- This is when I am out during the day) and that I am too loud and a little forward. Is this a turn off for guys?

I have a great paying job and I am an independent lady who is looking for love.

How come I am still single?

Most Helpful Guy

• I would love for a girl to dress like that. Being too loud might bother me since I am a quiet person. Not sure about the forward thing, depends on how so I guess.

What Guys Said 16

• What some of the other guys have said really rings true. Looking hot/attractive is good in all, and im sure plenty of guys would want to bang you, but they probably also want to then kick your ass straight out the door to. The proverbial classy hot chick, is the fantasy, but in reality, tends to just be high maintenance that guys dont want to put up with.

secondly, for the loud and forward bit, sure some guys will like that, most won't. most guys tend to like their women to be at least a little submissive.

but another thing some of the guys pointed out, was personality trumps looks/appearance. you looks might get a to talk to you, but its what you are like and what you when you talk back that makes all the difference.

regardless, there should be plenty of guys out there who dont give a fuck about anything except your hotness, so maybe you are just looking in the wrong place?

• I've given up answering the "Why am I still single?" questions. The most helpful answer usually is in the hard responses like yours, but I have never seen an asker yet who thought so too.

• actually dressing has nothing to do with waht guys think of you.. unless you are wearing a full body covering burqa or a bikini on road, we actually look at your personality when we date.. for example if megan fox comes to us and starts talking like sylvester stallone.. not a single guy will date her.. i bet. Just remember 1 thing, the only people who care about your dressing are other women, i would go on a date with a girl who wears sweatpants and loose T-shirts if she's witty and fun to talk with. throw away your notion- MEN DONT CARE ABOUT YOUR DRESSING, ONLY OTHER WOMEN DO

• I would give you time so I can get to know you better, but I really need a girl that enjoys being outdoors going hiking, doesn't mind getting dirty, doing stupid things, etc...

I actually love girls who are loud and forward because I hate trying to read minds. This is one of the traits I look for in a girl so its kind of surprising you are single =/

• What men dont know is that even though I dress in heels, I am DEFINITELY not a princess. I would do anything and everything with you. Hiking? I am there. Motorbike ridiing? Definitely. Bunjee jumping? Hell yes!! Sky fallling? Last one to the ground and you're a rotten egg!!!

• sound perfect to me then, but don't expect me to dress nicely :D

honestly no idea in that case

• Too loud is probably a turn off for most guys, I don't like it. Overdressing isn't a problem, neither is having a good job, although I avoid career-focused women as I prefer a family-focuses one like my girlfriend.

• As long as the women earned her position through blood sweat and hard work I have nothing agaisnt her. Also I wish more women would wear dresses like the ladies from the 30s-50s kind of radiates class in my opinion.

• aren't you a social person?

what type of conversation subjects attract you?

by the way , the thing to do with single or not has much more variations to it, i doubt the dressing is the main cause.

• I am definitely a social person and I can get passionate with any subject!! This is why I am loud!! LOL!

• it is better to wait than to date or marry the wrong person, would you agree?

just be yourself. when you find the guy of your dreams, it is happy time. hope he comes soon :)

hah, you can always make the first move too and invite a guy out.

• So your dressing more for business than for comfort and beauty? Would i be threatened? Not really haha i wouldn't really care if she earned what position she has from her incredible work ethic

• You know how it is with guys these days. Most are beta pussies. You need an uber-alpha. All successful women have a tough time finding guys like that.

• Lol it has nothing to do with that

• there's a fine line between dressing nicely and looking like you're high maintenance.

• Yes , we are intimidated by very beautiful woman.. But not confident ones... They will approach you.

• Also, many guys who get across hot attractive beautiful girls , step back assuming that she may already have a boyfriend. Such beauty girl cannot be single at her age. He looks at himself thinking that " Ah hell, she would never like me."
      "She may be quite expensive and only confident wealthy guy could win her".
      Look for confident guys. They will approach you But take care because such men are usually trashy.

• If a girl tries too hard to look good it is a turn off. I wouldn't feel threatened though

• I'd rather have a girl try hard to look good then not give a fuck about what she looks like. Unless you're just talking about too much makeup

• I am talking about the makeup

• I wear a winged eyeliner, mascara, foundation, blush and a nude lipstick or muted lipstick.

• You seems to me like an easy catch and moreover i feel you are even surrounded by stupid guys..

• Anonymous is me..

• I could never be threatened by what someone wears. That's retarded and superficial. A woman who has everything going for, is attractive.

• Wear normal shoes and be fun, people prob feel like they're hanging out with their boss.

Not threatened, but just like the stress at work they want to get away from in the first place.

• I've found when you are looking for love its hard to find. When you give up thats when you meet the person. Strange but true. Happened in my case but I let her go. Biggest regret to this day. Live and learn. Good luck.

What Girls Said 1

• This is BS! A Woman can't win can she? Dress nice and you're too much.. dress down and you don't try hard enough.. ?