If girls think that they are pretty why don't they enter in beauty pageants to prove it?

forget about the entry fee and all the supplies you will have to purchase

just assume none of that was needed

why don't they compete to prove their supposed beauty and get first place?

getting compliments from friends who are going to give you the answer you want isn't proving anything

Most Helpful Girl

• Okay well first off we don''t allcompete because we don't need to get all dolled up for someone to tell us something that we already know.

Here areother reasons why pageants qon't prove anything:

1. There are plenty of pretty girls soif you don't take first place does that automatically make the rest of us ugly or unattractive?

2. There's more to pageants than just your appearance. Forexample youhave to have a talent. So what if you don't have one or yours isn't as good as someone elses. Then thatwill affect your grade even if you're prettier than the other girl.

3.Anyone girl can join the pageant and say that they are pretty. But guess what when youwalk upon that stageall of the girls will look attractive because wgether your're the finest girl in the world everyone preps and walks out looking like a doll. With the fake weave, fake eyelashes, makeup, etc. So still that won't prove much.

Actually in the begining I kinda lied. Despite whther a girl thinks or believes that she is pretty some just aren't as attractive as others. Soyes youwould need a judge. but I don't mean litterally judging. First a female has to believ and know that she is beautiful, and we all are but in different ways there's inner and outter beauty and not having both is abig factor on whether you're beautiful or not, then of course theresalways ranking 1 to 10. Then compliments from other people areimportant too because despite how attractive wee are every single one pf us are self concious about ourself.

But I don't need all thatstuff I named from the begimimg. I know I am beautiful even when I put myslef down.I never wear makeup. I'm a nice person and care for others. I recieve many compliments from guysand girls. And I was even a model... Soooo

Why wouldor should I bein a pageant? Iknow I'm beautiful withouut it =)

• this question was directed mostly at girls who are full of themselves and put everyone down (guys and girls) because they THINK there better looking but never proved it

• i was explaining

you said yourself in your comment that you're a nice person and care for others so i'm rather explaining than implying you're one of those girls

• Oh, no I understand. I was just wondering.

What Girls Said 14

• Being content and happy with how you look doesn't need to be validated by a bunch of random strangers as long as you're okay with how you look.

• Many women are beatiful however the pageant industry seems to only focus on those who are coventionally pretty, barbie, tanned and skinny as hell.

• Because not everyone likes the concept of beauty pageants as well as have the time/patience for it. Some don't like the competitive nature of them either. Plus having to constantly prove yourself for others is incredibly tiring.

• Simple answer, because beauty is subjective. The panel of judges all have their own definitions of beauty which makes it unrealistic to assume their opinions are all that matters when trying to figure out whether a girl is pretty or not.

• Lol why would a truly pretty girl go to get approval from a panel when they probably get approval from the everyone else anyway.

Beauty pageants are only partially about beauty, there are also measures including personality, talent, acheivements and skill.

• the girls that think they are pretty have enough confidence just to not even need that. Most of us just don't think we are that pretty...

• Because they don't need other people to tell them that they're pretty and realize it on their own. Likely don't feel like being judged.
    And beauty pageants have a narrow minded point of view on what the definition of beauty is

• there's a hispanic beauty pageant

''Nuestra Bellaza Latina'' and there was a mix of light skinned, olive skinned and dark skinned woman

Miss America is what you're probably thinking of

• its very hard to actually find a girl that thinks they are pretty.. minus celebrities

• How true ! I have been speechless by a girls beauty and I mean truly beautiful.. when I told her, she really couldn't see what I could see

• yeah its really hard for girls

• Beauty pageants are degrading to women because they are superficial and who are the judges to "judge" what is beautiful? Majority of women, including myself, don't need validation about our looks.

• your comment was hypocritical
      ''Beauty pageants are degrading to women because they are superficial and who are the judges to "judge''

in the real world you have woman and men judging you on your appearance, job, car so what difference does it make for the ones who are used to judging being judged this time? Most people don't need validation on their looks but rather want to judge other's appearances?

• How am I being hypocritical? I don't judge people based on appearances. You are insinuating I judge people on a daily basis when I don't. I'm simply responding to your question.

• you think those girls in beauty pagents are hot? lol..

and why do girls have to "compete" solely on their look/your dumb//

sound like you lost several yourself and got rejected by "these girls"

• stop assuming you moron

beauty is just ONE aspect of what most people lack

intelligence
      knowledge

i want to ask you something

why do you assume? it's pretty retarded and that's something most people don't lack

• you must be realllllyy hot...

• For the same reason men don't enter a penis competition. =.=

• As several answerers have said, beauty is subjective. If a girl is secure in her own skin then that's enough for her and she doesn't need people to tell her she's pretty.

• if guys think they're good at sex, why don't they be in p*rn to prove it?

neither of these suggestions make any sense

• Most girls aren't pretty. They're either average or ugly.

What Guys Said 3

• Soooo you're saying I should become a model because I think I'm gorgeous?

• not really

i just think it's annoying when somebody thinks that they are the ISh but that's what it is

THINKING

i would rather see some sort of competition to see if they were either bullshitting or or telling the truth

• Lol good answer =)

• Maybe because they have a life and maybe even standards?

• you are right bro.bang..:D

i have seen many beautiful woman selling pancakes at streets who is anyday more appealing and invigorating than any mrs.universe.