Why are the girls in my honors classes not as pretty as the girls in my normal classes?

I'm not a lesbian it's jus that I've noticed that the girls in my honors class don't put as much effort in dressing up and doing makeup for school. They don't stand out as much and just seem plainer. They're not ugly by any means but just average you could say.

Most Helpful Guy

• This is a generalization and there are definitely exceptions, but for the most part these things tend to be true:

-Girls with great natural beauty are taught by society to rely on their beauty and to ignore intellectual development and instead focus on social development

-Girls without great natural beauty are taught by society that they have to work harder to develop their minds

-Girls with great natural intellect (geeks) who tend to be less social are taught by society to downplay their appearance

What Guys Said 5

• The "normal" girls care more about looks and who's popular. The 'smart' girls don't give a shit and just work hard at school, that's why they're in Honors.

If you ask me those Honor's girls are just as hot... they're just not wearing any makeup. Which is a bonus, I don't want an egotistical girl.

• For me personally the girls who spend time dressing up for school are a HUGE turn-off. It's like the more effort they put, the bigger the turn off it is. That is only how I personally feel. I am sure some guys appreciate it, but it makes me want to gag. As for why? It might just be a coincidence, it might be because people who take academia seriously are there to educate themselves and not to make pretty for the people around and to hide their insecurities.

• because this www.theonion.com/.../

• Why are women who are goal driven and ambitious about academia not trying to doll up? I don't know. It must have something to do with young brains being unable to handle two concepts at a time.

• You should see the girls in engineering classes. Yikes.

What Girls Said 5

• theyre probably less interested in showing off for boys and more interested in doing their best to get top grades, good on them if that is the case. nothing more important than doing your best in school for your future

• care more about grades than how they look… i admire that because they have more confidence then girls that do care

• you are in honors. do you notice if you are not as pretty as girls in the normal classes?

• A lot of the really smart girls in my school don't really pay attention to their personal hygiene or looks. Why? I have no idea. But it seems to have been the case since 5th grade.

• it's probably just accidental but i guess it's possible that they just care more about their grades than their looks.