Ladies, what are you more concerned with - your face or your body?

Title states it. I think it's widely accepted that that women are "judged" more for their looks and as a result, it seems quite a lot of females think are pretty conscious of their face's or their body's attractive value.

Of course, guys can worry about this stuff as well, plenty do. But the societal standards seem to be more imposed on the females. Wearing make up, wearing more revealing clothing, the art of attracting a man w/ your visuals, etc.

But I began to wonder, what do women concern themselves with more? Their facial beauty (hair included I guess) or their body attractiveness? Do they worry about more than the other? Do they think GUYS generally prefer one to be attractive more than the other? if so, which? And why?

Keep in mind, the concern of the body physique can be any kind of look. I know of girls who try to stay a bit "thicker" to attract guys who like that look.

Please be as open and honest as possible, ladies!

• My face
  • My body
  • Both equally
  • Neither. No, seriously!
  • Other

Most Helpful Girl

• My face ! A body is fixable with excessive but people judge you more because of your face. Obviously being obese is no good but people especially men are more lenient when judging a body they just want either Tits or ass and a healthy BMI. There is a lot of shit that could totally ruin your face like acne, like scars , like boils and it will make you ugly

What Girls Said 18

• Both, but face more often because it's not as easy to flatter your face as it is your body. If you have features you don't like on your face, makeup can help but for most it won't make you all that much better looking. You can exercise and wear clothing that balances your body type but there are no permanent changes to your face that don't require medical help. But some girls with really pretty faces are more insecure about their bodies, just depends on the individual.

• I'm a lot more self conscious when it comes to my face. I get little break outs and have a lot of red marks/scars left over from acne. With my face there isn't really a whole lot I can do to change it on my own (I'm not for doing plastic surgery on my face). With my body I have the power to change it through diet and exercise. I eat pretty healthy so my body is decent without really having to do much exercising. So I would say I'm a lot more concerned with what people think of my face.

• when you get those break outs, do you become more reserved than usual in public or around strangers?

• I'm more concerned now with my body..

My face.. it's ok..

My eyes are good.. they grab attention.. and then my piercings distract from my flaws..

• i worry about my skin more than my weight :(
    everything below my waist is filled with scars. i like my silly stories though.

• Ouch. I know this really good cream for scars

• if its good, its pricey as heck. i wanted to try mederma but i heard it just fades a teeny bit and it doesn't work for the raised purple scars :(

• Face, it's easier to conceal part of your body you don't like with clothes. Of course being healthier is better than being pretty, though. I'm lucky that my body pretty much stays in shape and skinny without any effort, so I personally spend more time with makeup and skincare as opposed to working out or dieting.

• I voted b. I love everything about me but my belly, I can change that so I'm good... Maybe I should have chose D or E.

• I'm guessing BOTH, but mainly my face. I'm genetically slender, so I don't worry about my body much at all.

• This is a tough one because I really care about both. I put tons of time into my body so that looks good, but there really isn't a ton you can do for your face. Good moisturizers, sunscreen, hydration...not much short of surgery.
    Fortunately I don't mind my face.

• Face, I dont always enjoy my body, but the parts I dislike I can cover up, where my face is really "out there" lol. Also a body can be fixed, a pretty face is worth a lot more than a nice body in my opinion, so that sucks haha.

• Mostly my waist line don't want it getting away on me. hahaha

• Im hardly ever concerned about my face, it's mostly my body.

• I dont really care about it too much but i guess i care about my body, meaning i wanna gain some weight. I really dont do it for guys though. I care for my body so ill be more confident.

• confident for what if not for guys? Does your hobby or profession involve needing a good body?

• Well I am lucky to be told i look beautiful without makeup etc. So I guess I am self conscious a bit on my body. I have flaws. Many people tell me I have an amazing body, but i don't think so. I wanna be more fit you know, more toned, thinner. I am 120lbs I really wanna get to 105. But it doesn't make me insecure about getting someone or anything. It's just I wanna feel good about my body for myself mostly.

• My body..I'm too skinny

• Body cause I already have a pretty darn good face lol

• My face because it's not pretty and it bums me out knowing it hurts my romantic life.

My body because my face is ugly... What else do I have? Haha.

• Interesting conundrum there. But hey, some guys are willing to overlook unattractive faces for an amazing body...or personality! First part sounds shallow, but I suppose that is all part of "the game". But, again, there is always personality ^_^

• I went with other though it is exhausting to keep your body in shape and resist temptation to eat fatty foods and snacks. I went with other.

I chose other because well it has to do with my body but not it exactly more like what's on it. I just hate my stretchmarks!

• My face, but also my body because I have struggled with an eating disorder most of my life

What Guys Said 1

• Face is more important, so many girls have a nice body but a nice face is rare