Girls: thoughts on guys who wear make up?

What are your thoughts on guys who wear make up? Like not full blown, i mean like foundation and concealer

Most Helpful Guy

• It seems wrong to me that so many people think something is only okay for gay people.
    Quite homophobic (or is it heterophobic?) if you ask me.

"Dude look at the make up on that guy, really weird huh?"
    -"He's gay though"
    "Oh, in that case it looks awesome".

• Right! I like your insight

What Girls Said 30

• I personally think its more of a female thing.

The only exception I would say are:

1. An actor, model, etc.

2. If you're goth or emo and only black eyeliner or black nail polish

3. If you have a HUGE GROSS and I do mean GROSS then fine cover it up!

But other wise I would prefer for my guy not to...I mean I'm a female and I don't even wear it.

• 4. Halloween .

• Yes Halloween too lol

Of course that's the #1 excuse for a guy to wear makeup! It's my fav holiday xD

• One of my favorite too, I always look forward to trick or treating and watching Halloween movies, especially Halloweentown, been watching every since I was little. Christmas is too commercialized to have meaning nay more :(.

• I think I am in no judge of anyone. I don't have that right, so if a guy wants to wear foundation and concealer, that is completely fine in my book! :) Hey! I understand about low self esteem or confidence, cause of acne, so why not? If it makes the guy feel better, more confident, and more himself, then I think it's beautiful! :)

• I'm not a fan either. I get the insecurity of a bad skin condition (even though I haven't had many problems concerning that), so I understand the desire to cover a few blemishes with a concealer, but why should you? Guys aren't pressured to be perfect, only girls are. But, besides that, foundation can clog up your pores and make you have even more skin problems so...wouldn't mess with that...

• Okay but guys may not wanna wear it to seem perfect but rather get attention. Bad skin destroys guys looks, and let's be honest, girls and guys are drawn to people by their looks, but its there personality that makes those people stay. So therefore some guys may want that to happen because guys who do have better skin do get more attention

• Might be true, but if your skin's not blotchy or too reddish for your overall skintone, I would just go with concealer... It can do more good than if you mix it with foundation as well. Foundation is very visible (unless it's a tinted moisturizer), so be careful which one you choose and how you apply it.
      I use a tinted moisturizer because I don't have those skin problems but my face can get red - this only evens out my skintone a bit, doesn't cover anything, so this won't work for you.
      I'd say, if you have to use something, use concealer. More specifically Bobby Brown Corrector (in whichever shade is yours). You won't regret it! =)

• I don't think guys need to, to be honest. Even if they have skin issues- society doesn't require it to be covered up for dudes.

• Most girls don't need to either, they looks just as good sporting the O-Natural look.

• I know their starting to look less like women and more like clowns lol.

• Some people like dramatic eye/lip make up, just preferences lol

• I'm cool with it.

• I'm oke with it, unless it kinda looks like Jason Wade in Blind:

img.cache.vevo.com/.../...22739B2A999301DACA94.jpg

I know he did it for the video, and it kinda fits with the video, but I think if a guy used this much it's not that attractive...

• Guys who were makeup is a HUGE turn...OFF!

• Not cool, its quite weird.

• I really dont mind it just as long as they dont over do it like Marilyn Manson. He wears more Makeup than the average teenage girl!

• Not my type.
    Only girls should be wearing make up.

• Turn off. I like confidence more than I like nice skin. I'd prefer cystic acne to someone who wears foundation.

• Unless you have a defect, like a scar or burn... no, no, no and NO!

• I like my men raw, so no make up thank you. :)

• I'm okay with it, if he wants to wear it then I'm not going to judge or stop them.

• I'm fine with it. It means he cares about his looks. Dark eyeliner is a turn on for me, just saying.

• 😳🏃 going to go get some

• Personally, I don't personally find it attractive, unless he's using it to cover up a scar or unwanted permanent mark. However, it's his choice. I'm not exactly against it either...just don't cake it on and we're cool.

• i dont think they should. its not feminine unless they have to be on tv or in a movie

• Some things guys shouldn't do...wearing make up is one of them

• my ex used to wear concealer bc of facial scars. i don't see anything wrong with it

• Hell no, hell no hell no

• Weird unless they're gay

• It's very much gay

• there's a guy that wears makeup at my school, he's already in training to be a MUA and he's not gay. but my god he looks amazing. he wears quite a bit, foundation, fully done eyebrows, eyeshadow, contouring and false lashes but he does it so flawlessly that no one even minds. he's always getting compliments and he makes it work. so i don't mind if a guy wears makeup, but personally i wouldn't be attracted to that but i wouldn't think of him differently.

• Hmm..no. Wouldn't be attracted to that.

• guys wear makeup? why..they shouldint in that case i should just start saging my jeans and get a buz cut..or you wouldint like that? yup didint think soo.. >>(waits for thumbs down by guys)

• go ahead there are girls who do it

• It shouldn't matter the gender. If you like wearing makeup, wear makeup

• Nop , nop, and nop

• i would assume they were gay, not that its a gay thing to do but just because only gay people and actors on set usually do it

• I maybe wrong, but actually most gay men don't wear makeup. Also goth and certain rock singers wear makeup.

• Okay but the next time your shopping at a high end make up place like in a mall, ask where the men section is, beauty companies are making more and more men products

• i didn't say most gays did it, drag queens do it and a few gays wear foundation. i guess i worded it wrong i didn't mean it in a bad way its just what i would assume if i saw him with it on as you never see a straight man with it on

• I'm NOT a fan. I don't want a man to be more feminine than me. I like manly men, with sensitive sides ^_^ hehe

• I don't want a girl to be more masculine than me haha.

• Stay away from some parts of the south haha

• Haha! I'm in the south, we're just as feminine here as anywhere else... just as diverse, I'll say.

• do what you want. but frankly, it's be better if we all stopped wearing it, i don't think getting EVERYBODY to feel like shit about their looks is really the best way to go.
    no one has perfect skin, you don't need to do that.

• My ex used to wear concealer for acne. No big deal. I wouldn't mess with foundation, really, though. Guys get away with more when it comes to looks... so why pay for it?

What Guys Said 5

• I know you're asking for female opinions but I think some guys can look really good with eyeliner.

• Why shouldn't guys wear make up , lots of rock male stars wear make up and they look awesome , dont be fooled by guys who wear make up , they are not all gay , same as the guys who wear dresses etc , have you ever thought some guys like this look , its only the put downs that guys get that puts them off from wearing alternative clothing , all clothing should be gender-less , same for make up.

• The thoughts of being emo ha!

• For most girls it's a turn off, unless it's Halloween .

• if you are not in the cure or prince or michael jackson or in some goth band /cult then leave it to the gals