Do girls feel happy if they are told they look great?

It's a pretty odd question, but I just don't know why people tell me to tell my crush that she looks pretty. It's pretty obvious if she looks at herself in the mirror.

Also, would she think I'm a pig for liking her looks?

Thanks for the answers. I'll do it the next time I see her. But is it better to wait when she's really dressed up or say it ASAP regardless of her looks on that day?

Most Helpful Girl

• Girls don't see themselves the same way guys do, in general most are insecure about their looks even if it doesn't seem like it. A compliment can usually make my day. I generally only think he's a pig if the compliments some jerk thing to say like "nice rack" or "I love your ass and I'd love to (insert something disgusting here)". You really can't go wrong with something like "you look really nice/cute/beautiful/pretty today" Stay away from anything that includes rack/ass/fine/hot/delicious/ma/girl/etc.

What Girls Said 7

• It always makes us feel better to be told that we look pretty. It doesn't matter how many times we hear it, it still makes us feel good especially when its coming from a guy. Tell her she looks very pretty one day. She won't think you are a pig for liking her looks if you make it clear that you have an interest in who she is as a person as well.

Girls actually don't know when they are hot unless guys tell them all the time. Girls have opinions of who they think is pretty, but we don't know who guys think is hot. We may have a pretty good idea of which girls are attractive to guys but we never know for sure unless guys always hit on them and tell them they are pretty.

• hmm I would be more flattered by a guy complimenting me as a person than my looks. I already know how I look and don't have a problem with it. when a guy says you're an amazing girl or I love the way you laugh its adorable. I would be more touched by that. because any guy can tell you you look pretty or they like your shirt. a guy on the street I don't even know could tell me that and I could careless. its really special when they know you and compliment what really counts.

• Because girls like to get compliments, expecially from the guys they care about. It makes them feel good and its boosts their confidence. And you definitely won't look like a pig for telling her that you like her looks unless you say something rude or inappropriate.

• no it does make girls feel good to be told they are pretty I just wouldn't tell her she's fine or sexy lol that's not a big turn on... if you call her pretty its not exactly saying you only like her for her looks its just nice to hear sometimes

• Do it if she's dressed up, but it's also nice if it's in a moment when she is "natural" but the thought crosses your mind. Say it when it moves you! As long as it's sincere, it's a good time.

• The world is brutal and girls are raised to hate their looks. (Check out all the models in intervies complaining about their invisible imperfections.) At the same time, we're taught that what really matters about us is our looks. So... yes tell her, but don't make it be the only compliment you give her. (Tell her if she's funny, talented, or smart!) She'll be pleased and she won't think you're a pig unless you can't get off the topic off her looks or if it's somehow sexual or about a body part (about her butt, her breasts, legs, how "hot" she is, etc.) Make it simple, sincere, non-sexual, and brief. "You look lovely today" will go a long way. Keep in mind, she's less concerned about whether she IS pretty than she is with whether or not HER GUY THINKS SHE IS.

• Fact about any girl (or any person really): they LOVE compliments.

It's one thing to think you're pretty. It's another for someone, especially someone you're attracted to, to agree with you that you look pretty. It makes you feel twice as better about yourself.

And unless you're being totally rude about it, no she will not think you're a pig.

• Definitely wait until she looks pretty to you so she knows you're being honest, don't just throw it out there cause you can.

What Guys Said 1

• Ok dude I'm not a girl or a gay guy by far...but form what I have observed form my girl friend michelle and form the chicks around me is that any woman loves sencire compliments such as but not limited to ... you have amazing/beautiful eyes, or you look so amazing (this works well when she dresses up).. also try to keep it form bein sexual ...like here are some donts on compliments... you have the best as I have ever seen...or you have such bouncy t*ts... and also stuff like... I would freak you eight ways to sunday... look ladys love compliments jus try to keep out these key terms or terms relating to them...(ass, butt, t*ts, rack, boobs,breast, delishus, hot sexy (depends on the rest of the complimenat sometimes) or some more like saying you want to f*** / screw / eat her / suck her / lick her / pleasure her / and even yes this to sex you up) all those are no-no's if you keep this in mind and keep them sincere you'll be good and any lady will apreciate the compliment