Is this a good picture for advertising a pair of jeans in a magazine using sex appeal?

I'm taking a marketing class and we are supposed to create an ad to advertise something through the use of sex appeal. I chose to advertise a pair of designer jeans because clothes are the easiest to advertise through sex appeal. Do you think this is too much with the open shirt and half unzipped jeans? I mean I see stuff like this in magazines all the time but is this going too far?

I still have to crop the picture in Photoshop and add another background to it but this is pretty much what its going to look like when its finished but with a different background.

The jeans are the only thing being advertised.

tinypic.com/view.php?pic=1492feq&s=8#.U0gmn02A2Uk

Most Helpful Girl

• You should grey-scale it, it'll look more professional in my opinion. I don't think it's inappropriate or anything for the assignment. I would do a two-paneled ad. Half with the person wearing the jeans and half with a full-length picture of the jeans by themselves. And some clever, innuendo-filled one-liner extending across both panels.

• Hmm I don't know it loses a lot of details when its greyscale. Probably because the picture quality isn't that high.

http://i61.tinypic.com/2qn06mv.jpg

• Thanks for your help!

• No prob =]

What Girls Said 3

• I think the guy is too hairy - but the photo is good.

• lol can't really change that easily but I think it looks better in greyscale anyway.

• Yeah...maybe it'll look better when you change the background...I wouldn't say it's going too far...

• Yeah I was going to make the background either a darkish abstract image or a waterfall. Any other ideas?

• I think a dark background would be best...something plain...not too busy to distract from the jeans

• Cool thanks!

• As everyone knows, sex sells. So they are playing into that. Its nothing new.

What Guys Said 0