Have you ever gotten a tattoo or piercing without your parents permission?

I'm 16 and I really want my belly button peirced and my mother refuses to let me I think I'm just going to have a friend do it if you've ever done anything like that how long did you hide it, and how much trouble did you get in when they found out.

Most Helpful Girl

• The worst that can happen is that your mom will make you take it out, and honestly just live in the moment and do what makes you feel good and happy. You're young and that's how you should live your life as a young person. Try and educate yourself as much as possible about piercings, and don't do it unless you have all of the right equipment to perform the piercing as well as take care of it after. I'm kind of an amateur piercer, I've done many of my friends' lips and belly buttons and I just learned all on my own.

Okay so anyways, I had mine done when I was 14, and my friend did it for me at a sleep over, my mom was mad when she saw it but she didn't make me take it out. I was grounded for awhile but at the time I really thought it was worth it! I still do, I love my belly button ring :) I was happy, and still am happy that I did it haha.

• Did you peirced the top or the bottom

• My reason for wanting it is because when I was younger I had surgery there and there's a slight scar and I thought you could only get one long enough to cover it if it were peirced on the bottom

• Girl don't worry about your scar, it will be beautiful either on the top or the bottom. I would get it on the top, you can get longer rings once it's healed, and it won't really matter if your piercing is on the top or the bottom. The height really isn't that much of a difference. :)

What Guys Said 2

• If you get it as you say you will then it proves that you have no filters in life.

Things happen to girls with no filters.

Getting a tattoo will only attract guys who like tattoos or think you are easy because of the tattoo. One day you will want a good job or to meet a guy who has something going on in his and the tattoos and holes in your body will speak for you. Girls like guys with filters they can depend on them.

• I'm young but not stupid I'm aware tatoos can effect whether or not you get a job and I would never get one anywhere it could be seen easily

• Not just any guy will be able to see a belly button ring right off the bat though. Sure it can be an incredibly sexy piercing, but it's a privilege to be able to see it. Not all girls go parading it around, ya know? It really depends on the girl, some do get it and attract that kind of guy, and some get it for themselves, to make themselves feel attractive :) It really depends on the girl :)

• Dont do it listen too your parents, which im fine with peircings not so much tattooess

What Girls Said 6

• no but i want to lol.
    i want a piercing on my bellybutton :)
    and tattoos, but not many. only small, meaningful ones [which I'm ok about telling]

• didn't care if they didn't like it. after i got it, they had nothing to say cause its already done. i had no reason to hide it...itll be seen sooner or later.

• I got my first tattoo when I was 15. I asked my dad, he said no of course. So I waited until we went out of the country (where the laws are a bit different) and got one then. My dad wasn't surprised. He knows that when I want something, I'm going to do it regardless of what he says. Yeah, he was a bit irritated but it wasn't like he could make me wash it off lol He got over it.

• I'm 14 and I have always wanted my nose and belly button pierced. This year I finally got my belly button piercing with her permission. She also has been accepting to the idea of nose piercing but with the cost of my belly button piercing ($250) I didn't want to spent $100 on a nose piercing. So I decided to do it myself today, lol. It was quite simple and didn't hurt... I did do it as safely as possible, but I realized this would be the hardest piercing to hid! It's right on your face, so hopefully she doesn't find out about it til it's healed. Onto the belly button piercing, honestly it's not going to be as noticeable. It's your own choice to do it and accept getting in trouble if she finds out.

• Wait until you're 18 and get it professionally done. I wouldn't trust a friend to do it as there is too high of risk to get a nasty infection.

My sister got her belly button pierced in college and it pissed my parents off because she put my family through absolute hell because of her "needle phobia" when getting her wisdom teeth removed but had no problem getting a piercing during that time.

I also had a friend who had a close friend give her a piercing (I think it was her nose but I don't remember for sure). She didn't get in trouble because her parents generally didn't discipline her, but it got infected and was all pussy and smelly so she eventually had to take it out.

• this girl has done her own and some of my friends if she weren't experienced I wouldn't let her do it

• No, I haven't. I got a tattoo when I was 17, but my mom gave me permission (all of the parlors I went to required parental permission if you were under 18).

In her words, "well, hey, it's your body and your decision that you may regret later in life"

• I understand that for a tatoo but a piercing? I wish my mom would even let me make my own decisions

• Yeah a piercing seems a bit silly to want to control. I mean, after all, it's not permanent like a tatt

• right? Oh my god thank you