Does ear cartilage piercing hurts?

I want to get mine done before my Birthday. I have lobe piercings.

Most Helpful Girl

• Most piercings hurt like a bitch. But it all depends on your pain tolerance. I wouldn't know about ear piercings since I had mine pierced as a baby, but my lip piercing hurt, though when my friend got it done she fainted. So it's really about how you handle your pain.

What Guys Said 1

• It will be less comfortable than lobe, cartilage takes more force to push the needle through and though quick it will feel bit uncomfortable for while. It won't be so uncomfortable you never want it again but it is noticeable. Just for the love of god make sure it's needle not gun that is used.

What Girls Said 3

• It's very bearable. It doesn't feel nice, but it's not painful. And that's coming from someone with a pretty average pain tolerance. The annoying part is the healing process - it takes a year + for it to heal completely. They are very sensitive and prone to infection, so you really have to baby them from the get-go. Get a bar earring to start with, not a ring. It will heal easier because of less movement.

• yes, it feels like a bee sting.

pinch your ear and see if it bothers you, some places will numb the area so you can't feel it and other won't

• It depends on everyone. A ring will hurt a little more at first. And it take at least six month to heal properly