Worried about my future Highschool life?

I'm in high school and I'm scared I won't have a boyfriend or dance dates or even just little things with guys. I know I shouldn't be dating and wait but of course I would like for guys to think in attractive and stuff. I crave affection sometimes. I feel lonely even though I have amazing friends and I think I feel lonely because they all have boyfriends and I don't. I'm overweight but I'm trying to lose weight. Hopefully by my junior or senior year I'll be fitter. How do you get a boyfriend in Highschool? Should I just try to get one after I lose weight? Thanks. Detailed answers will be appreciated :-)

Most Helpful Girl

• Hun I felt the same way as you except I wasn't over weight. I was a bit chubby and had a baby face. I started eating better and working out. To keep me motivated I just thought if I keep an unhealthy life style then I wouldn't be able to provide for my husband or kids when I get older. You can also boost your self esteem (i.e a new wardrobe and makeup not a whole lot). I can't answer your question on how to get a boyfriend because I mainly met guys in random places (park, markets, etc). But you can try and be more outgoing! Take up new hobbies or classes as well maybe you will meet someone (I met a guy through kickboxing classes). Find new friends that can relate to you but keep your old friends.

What Guys Said 2

• If losing weigh makes you feel better and prettier then go ahead.
    Getting a bf should come naturaly, but high school is the very begining of life, so don't sweat about it, build yourself a future.
    Also, I see a little bit of insecurity in you, there are several people that take advantage of that, careful not to get into a relationship that drains your self steem.

• Well it's high school. Graduate and within two years I promise you you'll look back and say why did I care about any of that. Take care of your body for yourself. Keep your grades up and get into a college somewhere. The boys will come and they'll come more frequently and more confidently in college.

What Girls Said 1

• If losing weight will make you feel more confident, go for it. But I do believe that you should wait for a guy that will like you the way you are. Don't just assume someone will only like you if you are skinny.