Do think this is "false advertising"?

Do see girls who wear hair extensions, fake nails, fake lashes, push-up bras, etc as falsely advertising who they are and what they really look like? Are they being fake or just enhancing who they are? Guys, do like the hair extensions, fake nails and all that or would you just prefer a girl to be without all the artificial additions to her appearance?

Most Helpful Guy

• I say that any girl that wants to enhance her looks to the general public should go for it. It's a basic instinct for a girl to want to look as nice as she can... to be as pretty as any other girl. Besides, hair extensions, fake nails, fake lashes, push-up bras or even fake boobs are fairly noticeable as fake but they're quickly forgotten as fake as long as their fakeness isn't exceeded to the point to where they start taking away from the attractive of the girl. Any guy she has a relationship with will know what they are anyway, and any reasonable girl that uses them will use them with care and using common sense. To use them as a way of intentionally trying to deceive someone would a situation I wouldn't like. But to just try to make herself look a little nicer... well why not? It doesn't hurt anyone else because they can use them too if they want. A girl might seriously feel inferior in how she looks and want to try and look better so she feels more accepted. So no, I don't think this is false advertising unless she continually uses the fakes or props as a means to deceive. What are high heels for, for example? To make a girl look taller than she really is. You could say that's fake too. Should a girl let her boobs sag and/or bounce around or wouldn't it look more ladylike for her to use a push up bra to keep them in place and looking nice? How about makeup to cover flawed skin. Then there's pantyhose. So the list goes on. So no, it's not false advertising. It's just trying to look the very best they can depending on the occasion.

What Guys Said 4

• Meh, it's not false advertising because most of the time all of that is blatantly obvious... I will say that I hate most of that stuff because it definitely doesn't add to a girls attractiveness.

• Red flag. I'd prefer really obvious fake stuff actually. Any girl who uses fake stuff, can't compete with the true hot girls and I ignore anyway.

• No. Accessories are about as false advertising as tattoos and teeth whitening strips.

• Fake nails are trashy as fuck, only face piercings are more so.

What Girls Said 3

• I feel like if I a girl wants to wear fake nails or a push-up bra, go for it. Maybe she isn't doing it to make guys notice her, maybe it makes herself look/feel prettier or more comfortable.

• Yeah...no. No girl who has all that actually can pull all of it off - it's pretty obvious she's entirely fake. (maybe not even solely on the outside)

• Basically that's what it is. you're selling something that isn't biologically like that. Its all machine and money.