How to deal with dandruff? I have dry oily skin?

I think there are different answers for different people. But for me, I have dry oily skin (i'd say more dry then oily) but it is combination.

I have less dandruff in the summer then in the winter but it needs to be hot enough. I can't seem to figure out whether i should be shampoo and conditioning my hair more or less. or not at all.

I seem to consistantly have dandruff and I don't have any clue what is the best way to take care of it.

If it makes a difference, my head itself is coldish when i feel it?

How to take care of dandruff with dry oily skin?

Most Helpful Girl

• try to use shampoo which contain ketoconazole for e.g:Nizoral (but there are other brand names)...my bro has oily skin and used such type of shampoo to get rid of dandruff

• my skin is oily but i would say it is far more dryer then it is oily.

i don't know how not to dry it out. why that shampoo?

i've been trying pure aloe vera shampoo and it tends to not make a difference

• most people who used it were fully satisfied by the results

• thanks for MH

What Girls Said 4

• I use oil of Olay. This helps with dry skin by putting Antioxidans back in my skin. Make sure you exfoliate at least once a week to take off dry skin cells and I use oil of olay moisturizer as well. as for my hair I only wash it 2-3 times a week and natural oils make my skin healthy and silky. I don't get dandruff but u could try not washig your hair everyday and take fish oil capsules or eat more oils in your diet. We need about 18% of fats in our diet anyway so use more olive oil in your diet and good oils like that. Peanut butter (any nut butter) so good luck.

• get head and shoulders shampoo

• I do, thats all I use and its stillthe same

• NO. It dries out your skin and makes the dandruff A LOT worse. You think it helps, and it does for a little while since it's so strong. But it creates an "addiction" for your skin to keep using their product cause it feels like it's the only thing that works. It only worsens your skin and your dandruff. The best thing is to only wash your hair with water for 6-8 weeks and it will get better. It might seem disgusting and it will get worse over these weeks but afterwards your skin and the dandruff will get a lot better. After that if you really feel the need you should use a very mild shampoo.

• This one always worked for me though

• Ask your Doc I have the same thing and its linked to a skin condition. (not a real bad one.) Head and shoulders or a herbal shampoo works best for me.

• What worked for me is shampooing less and on the days where I didn't wash my hair I used dry shampoo.

I didn't have a lot of dandruff but this definitely helped for me

What Guys Said 2

• OMFG i had the same problem my hair was about 4 inches long and it was dry oily skin. i cut my hair down to like 3ish inches and changed my shampoo to Selsun Blun Naturals.

www.walmart.com/.../...-ng.do

It works and now i dont have dandruff. just make sure to shampoo like twice in the shower

• isn't it worse to shampoo this skin type that frequent

• i dont really know... im do it twice and i haven't had dandruff in months

• I use this: www.rakuten.com/.../213934699.html

The shampoo and conditionor. Got rid of my dandruff fast.

• but what is your skin type