Girls, how many of you color your hair? Guys, what do you think of natural color?

I never color my hair and sometimes it seems like I am the only girl left that doesn't. Girls if you color when did you start and do you stick close to natural ir go extreme? Guys do you prefer or even notice if hair is colored?

Most Helpful Girl

• I did it once 2 years ago and I still regret it up to this day. My hair has always been rather long, even 2 years ago when I decided to lighten it a little bit. However, bleaching my hair (I didn't even bleach that buch, I changed the color from dark/medium brown to light brown) damaged it soooo much that I had to cut off 2 inches of my hair afterwards. The ends of my hair that are still lighter are so thin and I still suffer from split ends here and now. I had to cut off so much hair. Thankfully my hair was already long back then, so I didn't end up with short hair. However, it started growing healthily once I stopped coloring my hair. So if you really want to dye your hair go for a darker color. Coloring your hair darker doesn't damage your hair as much as lightening it. And be aware that you might end up with thinner hair, especially on your ends.

What Guys Said 6

• My wife does mainly to maintain color. Sometimes she goes a touch darker and then says its too dark, and I'm happy.

for a while she was adding highlights, and i'd whine and moan about it.

• silky long hair does it for everybody. you don't need colouring. just high maintenance..

• I agree. I am happy to hear so many guys do to.

• i dont think guys really reliaze what they mean when they say they dont want a "high maintenance girl"..

it always seems to be the opposite..but we all dont really know what we want.

• i meant high maintenance in there is for the long hair. not spending unnecessarily.

• I generally preffer natural colors.

• Yes, we notice i prefer natural color on girls

• I like naturally soft, silky and glossy hair on girls. It makes them look more feminine and cute.

• I think most guys prefer natural hair color even if it's not the one they usually go for. I've always wondered why they do it.

What Girls Said 15

• I do color my hair. I had stopped doing it and earlier this year my boyfriend wanted to see me with different colors. I think it's fun so I went redhead and now I'm blond. He likes it :) My natural color is quite simple so I like to go brown or blonde.
    As long as it's natural, he doesn't have a problem with it.

• I dyed my hair blonde , auburn , cherry red, and it has even been orange , and burgundy

• I do. I'm naturally a blonde and I hate it. Its been black for 2 years now. I take good care of it, its not rough and gross.

• Blonde to black! You are daring.

• It fits though..haha I'm pretty pale.. And my eyebrows are naturally black ish..it looked thoroughly awkward all natural

• I leave my hair alone. I have bad genetics so it's thin enough as is, and I need to do everything I can to keep it healthy!

• i bleached my hair platinum for several years. also did ash blonde and fawn, milktea, mousy brown.

• I sometimes put highlights in but I never fully changed my hair color.

• The first time I coloured my hair was about 3 years ago. I made it lighter then I let I grow out then in the summer I ombréd my hair and I loved it! However a couple of weeks ago I died my hair dark brown with hints of red and I regret it so much! I miss my ombré like anything. But on the

• Other hand I really want my natural hair colour back as it's nice medium brown.

• My hair os dark brown and I only dye it black bwcause I like the solid look better so I dont think it makes much of a difference

• I don't color my hair, but lately I was thinking, why not? Little changement can be good.

• I have on occasion coloured my hair most of my life it's been natural.

• I do dye it but I keep the same shade of brown like ill do lighter and slowly go back to darker. I went extreme only once with dark red but now when my hair goes in the sun it looks beautiful with the highlights of red from the previous color which I always get compliments on. But I have gray hairs (scattered) since I was 10 so it's been long time since I've been doing it and I guess it's fair to say my hair is sill healthy because lo-real is one of the best that lasts without completely ruining it

• i have never dyed my hair either...but im 18 now and i kinda want too ,, I don't know kinda getting bored with it

• i have never colored my hair i hear stories from my friends never do it. They say there hair would fall out and stuff but im guessing its because they didn't do it right. I suggest that if its your first time try to stick to a color closer to your natural hair and have it done professionally.

• I don't. Well, ok I did once…but that was because I had highlights that were growing out and it looked bad so I dyed it back to my natural color.

My hair is a very very dark brown (almost black) and I quite like it so I don't really have an interest in dying it :) Like I said, I did highlights before when the chunky ones were popular but I'd rather go without it.