Mid-Thigh pencil skirt ok for college student government meeting?

Or is it too short? should I wear dress pants instead? This is for a student government meeting at my college and we have to dress formally.

Most Helpful Guy

• You getting sworn in tomorrow? Congrats I did student government at my school for a bit. We could never fill all the senate seats though lol. I would say it is fine but dress more conservatively if you want to be cautious. Maybe go longer at the first meeting and see what others do.

What Guys Said 4

• A knee length skirt would be better or a nice knee length dress.

• Id say a little bit longer, like a dress youd wear to church

• the dress pants option would probably be a better choice

• ok now why did I get two negatives for selecting one of the two options she asked about, y'all just don't make scene some times?

She knows the pants are formal enough and she is questioning the dresses length so Why is my opinion for her to choice the safe dress pant drawing such negative marks on the post?

• I fully support this :)

What Girls Said 9

• I'd say go for knee-length pencil skirt or dress pants.
    A mid-thigh pencil skirt COULD be ok, depending on many other things, but I wouldn't take the risk of being unappropriate for an important event like this.
    I think the dress pants are a sure thing, but knee-length skirt is possible too.
    Of course, no cleavage or over-tight clothes either :)

• Stand in front of a mirror turn around and touch your toes if you can see the bottom of your ass inappropriate

• For this occasion I think that's too shirt. Just above the knee at it's shortest is your best best in my opinion.

• It's too short for formal wear. I would wear the pants or a longer skirt.

• That would be close to pushing it. If the rest of your attire is professional you can pull it off. Wear hosiery, no sneakers or Ugg type boots. nice blouse and you will be fine.

• Too short for business casual it should be one inch above the knee

• i would say wear dress pants it does seem a bit short but if your in doubt do what crazynkinky said.

• I always find that if I'm wondering if a skirt is appropriate then it probably isn't. I'd probably go for a longer skirt or the dress pants.

• Most employers will tell you skirts need to be knee length. I'm not sure what attending a student government meeting entails, but if you are trying to look professional I would go for the pants or a longer skirt.