Question about Looks, ladies help?

How does one know when they're ugly? I never get compliments from girls so I assume that means I'm ugly right?

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't do this to yourself. No one in my mind and heart is ugly. What is ugly is how people take away life from others. Now that's being ugly. In looks you say? NO ONE is ugly? Define ugly? Because in other cultures, long necks are beautiful, in others, overweight is the definition of beauty. In our culture ugly is having a bad hygiene other than that, then your good. Woman don't give a lot of compliments because we like hearing them and for some of us, it's hard to give them unless we're official or what not but don't judge your looks because you gain no feedback of it. I myself see you have a nice, great smile, you look like a fun interesting man. So please, don't leave your confidence depending on others opinion because that's what they are, opinions not FACTS. You know your handsome than know it and own it! You THINK otherwise, than good luck.

What Girls Said 1

• I think most people feel this way because there are a lot of people who actively seek getting compliments by dressing provocatively or posting airbrushed photos of themselves. Actually, there are beauty standards that are known to be attractive to most people, but nonetheless beauty REALLY is in the eye of the beholder. I've been told I'm beautiful by a lot of people, but only a few people in my life have made me feel beautiful. there's people out there that will think you are their complete type and they will be more attracted to you than most people ever will. These rare few people are the only ones who will make you know for sure that you are attractive. I swear, after being around one guy like this, I don't think I will ever care if another guy calls me fat or ugly because as long as I know that wonderful person really loved how I looked, it doesn't matter how all the rest think. I'm sure you will meet the people who can't resist you. ;)

What Guys Said 2

• Girls generally give compliments through their body language ( eye contact, touching etc). Obviously pretty or popular boys will get more overt advances. DON'T compare yourself to them because you will miss out all the girls who were subtly showing you their feels.

I only really learnt this a couple of years ago, but girls really have diverse tastes in guys. Don't sell yourself short. That hot girl who is eyeing you may be feeling the same anxiety that you do.

• Girls won't straight up tell you if you look good. girls are subtle and even good looking guys get checked out but girls are sneaky about it so they won't come off as being slutty.