Is it possible for a girl with thick thighs (pear-shaped more likely) to lose weight and fat from thighs too?

I'm asking because the women from my dad's family have bigger thighs and sadly, I am like that too and because of that I look big. The last time I dropped 20lbs, I had lost 2 or 3 jeans sizes, but I was wondering if it's possible to lose fat from there and weight without gaining to much muscle, because that would make me look bigger.Apart from my belly, which i need to lose fat from, my worries are about my thighs.

Most Helpful Guy

• Are you crazy? thick thighs are so freaking hot! why try to attain a standard your body wasn't built to attain. It's aiming for the impossible, people distribute weight differently and different guys have different preferences. Why aim to be appealing to guys that wouldn't have found you appealing as you naturally are in the first place.

There are MANY guys that prefer and find thick thighs hot!, leave it and love it

• haha, it's nice to hear guys think bigger thighs are hot haha. They're not that big to make my body very disproportional and they need just to be toned a little, but I've always thought guys have a problem with these.

• lucky you then lol :D, bad roll of the dice on where you live i guess but it's only temporary

• I agree.. pear shaped and thick legs.. my kinda girl

What Guys Said 5

• Sure it is why not? Also that you are really young, a good age to start. A good diet and exercise regimen starting now and you'll be in a good shape the way you want in a years time and then you can afford to eat what you want to (not binge ofcourse) cause your metabolism would have stepped up in that much time and body shaped well :)

Belly fat takes the longest time to lose and THAT is why core strengthening exercises, cardio & diet play a major role.

Put your mind, heart & soul to it at least for a year w/o giving up and then compare your pics of then and now :) you'll know. Nothing is impossible, it's a matter of choice, will and dedication :)

Good luck to you :)

• Please don't. At least not too much. Nice thick thighs are sexy and womanly. Don't lose them.

• really? :O well, that's new i have thick legs too and always thought guys drool over thin legs

• haha. I have nice straight legs which only need a bit of toning up, but I've always thought guys don't like bigger thighs.

• I love them. I think they're beautiful.

• There is difference between muscular toned thighs and "thick" thighs so I don't know which ones are you talking about. If you mean thick like what I think you do, Its ewwwww. Looks like two hotdogs hugging each other, if like toned muscly ones then hell yea. And -

Stiffed leg deadlift
    Farmer squats (Works like crazy)
    Spartan box jumps

• You can't spot reduce fat. As you build muscle you'll burn more fat. Where it comes off first will depend on your genetics. Being a woman, you're likely to lose belly fat soon but you'll tend to have fat on your thighs and boobs naturally. I see you're from Romania. The few Romanian women I know are very well endowed up top, so maybe your boobs balance out your thighs?

• It is possible, but sometimes biology and genetics will give you a big "The fuck you doing" like this girl who is starting to worry me with her weight loss
    Before: cdn8.staztic.com/.../...allpaper-1-1-s-307x512.jpg adventoutpost.com/wp-content/uploads/bria21.jpg
    After:http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/236x/d7/e1/af/d7e1afbe5da5c337642c417d64066f1d.jpg

• yeah. I like those sexy curves on 1

• she looked actually better before, in my opinion

• Exactly. She looked better before. She had a very voluptuos body and through this whole fitness trend of the past few years she has gotten very skinny without her body shape and structure changing

What Girls Said 6

• No one on this site can answer that question. No one in general can answer that. You won't know until you actually lose the weight and find out, because every person loses weight differently. Two pear shaped people can lose weight and one might lose it in their thighs and one might lose it in their arms. Its genetics. Exercise will help tone your body, but unless you get plastic surgery, you're pretty much stuck with that general shape.

• I dropped 40 pounds and didn't lose very many pants sizes... My stomach got flat very quickly and my waist narrowed fast as well. But my hips/legs/butt were like, no way! Just the way I am built.
    For a long time I tried everything in the book to make them smaller but nothing worked. I would lose a couple of inches but that was it.
    So instead of trying to change the way my body is, I embraced it and played it up. Just work out your legs and I promise once they are strong and toned, you won't care about their size. Just my two scents :)

• Two cents*

• Thank you very much. It really made me smile what you said, I've become sad and obsessed with the freaking scale, I weigh myself everyday, which isn't good. Hope I will love myself after a while, I know it takes some time :)

• That's another thing that sucks but you gotta get past-- the number on the scale! If you're weight training and eating right, pay more attention to the inches around your waist and stuff than the number on the scale. Cut down to once every other day and then once a week, and then maybe once a month lol. I don't weigh myself more than once a month. Just go off of how I look and feel. It is SO liberating and I promise you will feel better:).

• Yes im pear too...thick thighs and big butt but i have managed to get them smaller and toned..i do squat and do other leg exercises really heavy and its help to slim my thighs along with cardio..but i do realize i will never have skinny thighs. And yes sum guys do love thick thighs...esp. If their thick and toned.

• My grandpa always tells me that im a dear for my upper body and a cow for my butt and thighs , lol

Im like you , my thighs are huge , i didn't like it before , but i realized that its pretty sexy ,

• wow lol, sorry but it made me laugh.Your grandpa is mean haha

• I know lol he is always like that , i used to get angry at him but now i dont care , i just let him talk and i tell him how much i love cows lol

• I have skinny tights with a thigh gap..gimme some fat from yours. i would be happy.hahahaha
    now, seriously..i think thats hard..but u know thick thighs are sexi.. come on...

• haha.Wow.So many people telling me thick thighs are sexy.Looks like I'm the only one obsessed about this and thinking guys don't like them.

• And I am not stupid at all. That was one of the times where I was so sad about how I looked and forgot about my principles or standards

• hahahaha, u r nice

• Yes!! It's possible! There's a personal trainer from South Australia who is amaaaazzzing! I'm very enthusiastic about her. I just bought her e-book and its doing wonders. Check her out on Instagram: @kayla_itsines