What kind of swimsuit should I wear?

I'm having a lot of issues with swimwear this summer. I'm not really fat, but I don't have the greatest body to look at either. I'm only 4'11'' and weigh 120ish pounds. I've put on a little weight this year, more than usual, on my stomach and thighs and I'm pretty self-conscious about them. They are not attractive. I also have this freakish hair problem on my stomach, an abnormal amount. So, I wanted to wear a one-piece swim suit to cover my(I'll wax it only as a last resort) stomach. But then I feel like I'm covering up too much (nobody else my age wears one pieces- I'm 17) and feel kinda grandmaish and more self-conscious. If I wear the bikini, I feel like I look really bad and people will think I don't know it because I'm wearing a bikini. What's the solution here? Don't go swimming? lol

(Btw, I have been exercising and eating better and all to get into better shape, but I need to wear something until I feel comfortable with my body again.)

I was less worried about the hair than the weight thing...

What I was really asking is it better to wear the bikini and not look that great or wear the one piece and seem prudish?

Most Helpful Guy

• You should feel confident about your body. beleive it or not not most guys are attracted to "average women". You do not have to be perfect. perfectionism is a turn off to most guys. I once had a friend invite me swimming. she was a big girl and she came out with a bikini and I was so turned on, that to this day I can still picture her. as for your hairy belly, hey that makes you different and stand out from all the rest of the girls. If I were your BF, I would respect that and it would actully be a turn on to me. Just be yourself and flaunt your beatiful body in you bikini!

What Guys Said 2

• depends. I'd only talk to you if you wore a one piece because I like girls in one piece, there's more allure.

But tha's just me

• geez...wax it up or swim alone...your choice...

What Girls Said 3

• you need to wear what your comfortable in. if you're going to hide yourself in a bikini, then don't wear one. if you can wear one with lots of confidence, then go for it.

• Sweetie, you really should wax it. You'll look better and feel better about yourself if the hair thing has been taken care of. Really.

• wear whatever you like