Is highlights more damaging than bleaching once?

I used to have highlights and I kept asking her to make them lighter so she overlapped bleach on the same piece.

Now I just bleach my roots at the salon. It seems like the top part of my hair which had only been bleached once and never highlighted, is a lot healthier than my ends, which are a mix of brown and blonde from my highlights.

Does this mean that as I cut my hair so the dark bottoms come out, and keep bleaching the roots and taking care of my hair, my hair will eventually be blonder and stronger?

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• Not really, bleaching is really damaging. Your roots are new hair so one bleaching don't damage too much them but the end of your end went through a lot of chemical product, so it's way more damage. Don't bleach them for too long it won't be good for your hair.
    A friend has been bleaching her hair to dye them purple for four years. Her hair were a mess and two month ago it burnt her her, now she can't touch them for a year and they look terrible...

• I don't bleach my ends at all. The highlights had bleach on my ends a few times.

When all the ends get cut off and all my hair is all grown out roots that has only been bleached once will it be healthier?

• I use a lot of products and air dry often. I use keratin moisture masks oils etc. It helps. But when I cut off the dark and fried ends and keep using products will my hair feel better than it does now?

• Yes it will