Do you have anything that you feel insecure about?

I have a scar on my back from the accident,
and it makes me really insecure and so scared of showing it to others.

Do you have anything that you feel insecure about you? how do you overcome it?

Most Helpful Girl

• I am super insecure of my stomach, which is not totally flat. I am also very insecure of my facial and back acne. I'm self-conscious of the appearance of my lady parts, too, lol.
    Don't worry about scars, dear. Scars are cool! I love the small scars on my boyfriend. Scars are stories, scars are proof you're alive :)

What Guys Said 16

• Don't ever be ashamed of a scar. You earned it by surviving whatever gave it to you. Wear it like a tattoo, but with a story of your strength and resilience embedded in it. I have a few. Most of us do. They're just proof that we're actually LIVING rather than just existing. :-)

• Oh yeah. And I'm insecure about being fat. I HATE that about myself. :-(

• Wow you're so sweet! your opinion just got rid of my insecurity :) Thank you!

• I am most insecure about my chest and posture. I was born with Pectus Excavatum (Google is your friend!) and it has affected my posture for the worst. Even when I stand up really strait (at least it feels that way to me) I just look like I'm slouching.

• My biggest physical insecurity would be my body. I don't think it's really bad and I'm naturally toned even when I eat junk food. I've noticed how a lot of girls like huge guys though for that caveman protection thing.

• Hmm I have this random patch of brown skin on my back like in my shoulder blade area that I'm kind of uncomfortable about. It's like a beauty mark or something but it's really my only major physical insecurity.

• Not really. I have another 20 pounds that I'm in the process of losing, but even then that's more for health reasons than anything else.

• Ya just my life. But I try not to think about it.

You can get a TA2 and have the scar covered.

• I guess I only have one major insecurity and that's my role and value in the lives of others. It's my only real preoccupation.

• Yeah , my improper structure of teeth near lips. I really feel awkward while smiling or laughing especially towards women.

• my looks, my height..my smile. my glasses..my hair..my voice :(

• My memory, it's not the greatest.

• Nocturnal Enuresis

• My abs. Sometimes they are 6, Sometimes they are 4..hmm weird, bro.

• ya, I feel kinda self-conscious and worried because of my age and what position i'm at in life, I only have a high school diploma and I still live with my parents, not set in my career job yet and still kinda far from making that happen

• My weight. I'n disgusted by it and women are too

• I am of my skin from acne scars and discoloration and my medication makes it look like i have constant sun bun but is working :/ and my upper pecs, they arnt growing when i work them out

What Girls Said 15

• My skin at certain times of the year. It's so sensitive and I'm allergic to everything. I get random red patches on my face and it looks awful. Then in the fall I will have an eczema flare all over my neck/chest and it spreads to my stomach. Not only does it look awful and make me feel like a freak, but it HURTS! Sometimes I couldn't even put water on it.
    It's been a while since I've had one and I'm feeling incredibly blessed to have my skin cleared up... But I still have some discoloration on my face that makes me feel awful about myself at times.

• My visible rib bones and hip bones make me insecure. But that's okay. I can just cover them up with a loose sweater or something.

• I wish I can see my rib bones.. they are shy never come out LOL (i've never been that skinny in my life LOL) haha I think showing rib/hip bones are beautiful~

• Nope... people have called me sick, anorexic, and also tell me that I have to "eat a hamburger" even though I'm healthy and I eat plenty. It's not fun, it's not beautiful. And it's embarrassing for me to wear tighter clothes because they just highlight my bones, which means more people will point them out to me.
      It's no different from wanting to hide a pudgy stomach that sticks out.

• I got black spots on my ribs, from when I got hit by a car, pieces of blacktop got burned into my skin, thats why its black (at some days more grey than black though), but it looks pretty scary, so I don't show it to anyone... I also think I'm a bit fat, and I hate wearing glasses, but yeah, it's just a part of me, and I just got to accept who I am.

• I have eczema on my legs and while it rarely flares up, when it does I hate wearing skirts/shorts and get uncomfortable when my partner (for example) run his hands over my legs.

• I get that in the middle of my chest occasionally and yes it can be a pain in the ass. You soooo want to scratch it but you know that will just exacerbate it.

• Ohhh I know! The worst part is how it's not only ugly, but it freaking hurts. And people look at you like you're a leper!

• Yeah it makes you feel like you have rabies haha

• I don't have a scar but I do have insecurities. When it gets into my mind, I'll try my best to think positive about it. But there was a time that I did break down and cry.

To overcome your fear, you need to get through it. I have insecurities and I'm not afraid of it. Be proud of that scar, i don't know how but it's all in your mind. Try to find the good in it and be proud of it but the insecurity comes, break down if you want, don't hold it back.

You'll feel better after you cried.

• ^She's right!^ I have this perfectly strait line of 3 moles on my jaw (okay, I know that it isn't as bad as a scar on your back, but it's the same lesson). I have known people who have removed moles from their faces, but seeing as how mine are more just like big freckles I will leave them alone. I actually quit like it, as I think it adds some character.

• My legs...

• My body especially when I want to wear bikini or something tight, I got a love handle

• Pretty much my whole body in general

• my stomach.
    I work out everyday and eat right but its never flat. And I have wide hips so that only makes me look bigger :(

• wow you must have similar body structure that I have LOL I do sit ups and walk a lot to lose weight (make falt tummy :P) but.. it is still out there LOL and my hips are so... wide.. I wonder I may have the biggest hips within Asians LOL

• my appearance

• Yes, my body.I even avoid to go out because of that

• I had to have surgery to have an ovarian cyst removed. So now I have c section scar. I feel self-conscious about it. Plus the cyst was so huge and I had it for so long that it kind of stretched out my stomach. I am very skinny, I don't have much fat but ever since I had the cyst and then got it removed my stomach kind of bulges. People say it's not noticeable but I think it is when I sit. Also, I am insecure about my face because it's ugly.

• My uppertooth, all my teeth are straight and good but just one tooth is sticking out and I hate it.
    My scars on hips, arms and legs - yeah
    My nose, all pointy and stuff
    My nips are too big

• I feel insecure about a lot of things, haha!
    My appearance, my intelligence (or lack thereof), my emotional side, my logical side, on and on, haha!
    I feel like an outsider MOST of the time, if not ALL of the time.

How do I overcome it?
    It's basically just "nut-up-or-shut-up"... even though I'm a chick, of course, haha! I just force myself to forge ahead despite what my inner demons are whispering...

• my family teeth. its no doubt, you can tell all the women who are born into my family from great grandparents to aunts to parents.. we all have a snagle tooth. its one of the top canines. i get really self conscious about it. especially if im with a guy i like. but i figure, hey, all the women in my family have it and if a guy is too selfish to look over it (as well as my friends) then screw them!