Why do some guys sag their pants?

So i always see a lot guys sagging their pants and i think it looks pretty gay. i saw this dude he had a big butt like women, he was waring skinny jeans (sagging) it and his butt was poked out...Like do they have some gay in them or do they believe that females think its attractive? Let me know ur opinion

Since they call that fashion. i bet in the next few years, we are going to see dudes sagging their pants so show their G string.

Most Helpful Guy

• Wikipedia is sadly wrong. The origin of this is from the prison system, but it means 'I am gay' , it spread to the wider community when short stayers thought it was cool.

• Source or it's wrong. That's how the world works.

• Slimart you really are commenting on something you know little about.. I suggest you research more and comment less

What Girls Said 9

• I think it looks stupid. Makes no sense - do they need to air their asses out for some reason?
    What's happening to the world.
    I'd rather guys wear kilts than those ass sagging monstrosities.
    ...love kilts...

• I think it's because it's in fashion. A lot of celebrities are doing it aswell. I've heard that it was a means of signalling to fellow prison inmates indicating that they are ready for sex, so in a way technically it can be seen as gay. I assume maybe some inmates came out of prison, maybe a celebrity or something and was doing this sagging thing and it caught on? So, the lower your pants are the more of a G you are? I personally don't like it at all...I don't need to see your pants, it's not attractive or cool in any way. In fact if anything it's a bit off putting, especially those with big butts lol.

• I find it stupid, but it's one of those young trends that pick up really fast because of the "rap, hip-hop and pop' music videos now and then..it's nothing new really

• Like little wayne and those people lol oh godd

• Dont act like ur not going to do anything if u catch ur kid stealing lol

• I'm not having kids..But I can't imagine hitting anyone kids especially...I mean it's ok because I get it with some parents but for me..I couldn't

• they are following a fashion trend

• sagging is soooo unattractive.

• i dont understand it because sagging was used as a signal in prison to mean im ready for sex, so that the cops wouldn't know.

• I don't know, but I sure hope they know what it means.

• They think it looks good/cool.

• You like seeing their asses poked out? lol ok that makes sense why some guys sag their pants tho

• No, I think it looks stupid..

• Im sorry...somehow i was being dumb and i thought u said "i think it looks good/cool"

• They think it makes them look good. They're just idiots

What Guys Said 8

• http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sagging_(fashion)

Isn't the internet wonderful?

• Yes the internet is wonderful! gotta give u credit for that

• I haven't done that since the 90s, haha. REALLY doesn't work with the tight-ass jeans the kids are wearing today. Still can't believe that tight shit is in style, smh...

• True... i also thought tight jeans were mostly for women but now days kids walking with their tight jeans below their butt

• They're all dead from the neck up.

• They are idiots

• Wish i can give u million thumbs up for that..def agree

• Trend, popular with kids

• They want it in the butt...

• It has prison origins. There are two theories...

One is that prison uniforms were ill-fitting and would sag.

The other theory is that the gay guys in prison did that to signal that they're open for business.

• Its still kinda gay either ways...

• I want to be cool, duh.

• You can't get girls if ur not cool? haha