What are so bad about crocs?

What do people seriously have against those shoes? I have like 2 pairs of them because they are super comfortable and I'm constantly on my feet at work, they are like the only shoes that don't make my feet hurt.

So what's so bad about them? And don't just say that they are "ugly" because there are lot of ugly shoes out there that people still wear.

0|0
6|1

Most Helpful Guy

• i think theyre ugly as sin personally but if you, like me, are the kind of person who puts practicality before style, then go right ahead. I wear ugly stuff because its practical.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion!

What Girls Said 6

• honestly, I just think they're very very casual. there isn't anything bad persay, but I wouldn't combine it with what I wear at work or at an occassion. they're super comfy I agree, I tried a pair on the other day, however, I don't own a pair.

they seem more for garden work. I mean no offense or even more casual/ outdoor activities.

i wear ballet flats, wedges, peep toe wedges, mary janes, some strap sandles and anything that looks more dressy. I am not allowed to wear crocs at work because it's too casual for where I work but it's good you get to do that at your work ^_^

0|0
    0|0
  • Nothing wrong with them. Fashion slaves will scream "ew!" but I'm quite a practical person myself and more often than not, I'll take whatever is comfortable over the more stylish options. If you can wear them at work, then kudos.

0|0
    0|0
  • ok, the reason people (like myself) whine about how ugly crocs are is that people assume practicality and comfort cannot coincide. if you're on your feet a lot, you can wear great looking shoes with support. there is no need to look like a toddler and wear Styrofoam-like rubber shoes. they just look childish.

0|0
    0|0
    • Well it's hard for me to find great looking shoes that are inexpensive, because they are just going to get dirty at work anyways (I work at an espresso stand, and I"m not gonna buy nice shoes just to ruin them). And I'll admit they aren't the most attractive shoes ever, but seriously, who cares if they are comfortable.

• If your shoes get dirty, then I'll give it to you. crocs are also pretty practical for gardeners and nurses because they are on their feet all the time and need to wash their shoes often. however, many people who work in a store argue that they should wear crocs because they're on their feet all the time. I cannot stand that as an excuse from people who do not get dirty.

• Each to their own, I guess. Personally, for me, those wouldn't work with anything I have in my closet. My wardrobe lately consists of clothes that are much better paired with heels, flats, or wedges. They would just be taking up space if I had a pair, because I would never wear them. They seem more like an outdoorsy shoe, and I'm more of an indoors type of girl. Crocs aren't exactly my style, but I don't criticize anyone who chooses to wear them.

0|0
    0|0
  • I wear crocs all the time. Just because I can.

0|0
    0|0
    • And that's a great attitude. I'm not saying I care what people think, because I still wear them no matter what people say, I was just seriously wondering why people hate them so much lol

• even though they're not the best looking shoes out there,

i agree they're extreamly comfortable

0|0
    0|0