Do you think most people who say "I'm ugly" are actually ugly (obvious attention whores not included)?

I admit, some of the people who post those reality check questions and say that they feel they're ugly, are not the best looking people. But some are actually quite attractive..

What do you think? And is it different, online and in real life?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think some girls who says they are ugly maybe aren't the most attractive in society's standards, and some are. I think it has less to do with actual beauty and more to do with self-perception. And you can perceive yourself as unattractive, whether you are or aren't.

• To be honest I think naturally I am unattractive, and it legit eats me up inside sometimes, however I don't go broadcasting my opinion of myself to other people because I really don't want to draw attention to how unattractive I think I am. I don't want people to lie to me to try to make me feel better about myself, so why even bring it up? It's just something you come to accept. I use make up and hair products and exercise to try and make up for lack of natural beauty, and every now and then when I have put a lot of effort into myself I can feel a bit pretty.

• hey if you're unattractive then I should go jump froma bridge right now! There is nothing wrong with your looks, good day or bad, because you have nice features, and those can't be created with makeup! You can get the acne treated, I used to ahve really bad acne as well, and I was too young to wear makeup at that time. But it took only half a year to clear it up. Get a facial treatment, or do it on yourself once a week, and wash your face every chance you get.

• thanks for MH :)

What Guys Said 4

• Half n Half. Some people actually question their attractiveness, and want honest input from others. The others are just seeking attention and confirmation on how beautiful they look. I'd say these type of people do not show up as often as the former description. More like 80% actual questions and 20% self-obsessed people.

• A number of them are just looking to show off their insecurity. And maybe get an ego boost. In other words they are attention whores.

• No one is ugly... we all have strong and weak points, internally and externally.
    Which percentage of the girls will win a miss election? No reason for the others to feel ugly :-)

• A lot of the time its just an excuse so they can get compliments.

What Girls Said 2

• I believe some of them really have no idea how attractive they are, while the others are just fishing for compliments but pretend to be insecure. I have noticed there were so many 'rate me' or 'am I fat' questions lately. I mean some of them are incredibly attractive so I don't see the point of asking that question. It's so annoying, that's why I didn't answer them.

• majority of them are insecure including the attention whores. I am mean why would you want validation from others? insecure people do this and I am one of them so i know why.

• yes, I know that they are insecure, I've been there too. But do you think most of the people who say this are actually ugly or are their insecurities unfounded?

• I personally think these girls are beautiful and they have nothing to worry about. You and I might look at them and think what the hell are they thinking but we dont know their story, we dont know why they think the way they do.