Can I stop him from dressing like a wangster?

So I just started dating my boyfriend. He is amazing and I hate to say that the way he dresses needs to change but... he's almost 30 and he dresses worse than Kevin Federline circa 2004.

I'm not talking hip hop chic, I'm talking sweatpants ALL THE TIME, jeans that are literally 6 sizes too big, XXL t-shirts when he's a small at most.

Now, I'm not saying he needs to change his style completely. Like I just need him to be a bit more Pharrell or Jay Z and a lot less 12 year old wangster. Maybe just some clothes that fit!

So my question, can it be done? And how?

Please don't say "accept him for what he is". I do, I will stick by him no matter what. He is a wonderful individual lost in a sea of jorts.

Most Helpful Guy

• I never really got the whole looking like gangsters thing they look ridiculous with pants sagging down to their asses and their hates on backwards hate to say it but seeing your ass is not a turn to girls.

These are real gangsters www.google.com/search

Yes he should dress better.

What Guys Said 7

• Go shopping with him, tell him how he looks good with what you like, and how it's not him when he wears something you don't like.

Worked for me. I still wear crap that looks ridiculous, because some woman once complimented me when I was wearing it.

• Take a picture of him and show him how ridiculous it looks lol. Seriously if he's almost 30 and dresses like that...no words

• you know how he was when you meet him but now you want to change him... whats next...expecting to change someone is...

now if your sticking with him without forcing a change you can do stuff like go with him when he shops and say "hey try this one" or "how about this" holidays gifts if you pick a shirt or something that you like AND he will actual wear

• Make him try new things on and compliment how sexy he looks with it. When he wears something you like, compliment that.

• My advice is bring him to other places like good restaurant, church or any places that needs a good suit.I'ts all about environment.

• How did you even meet him in the first place if he was dressed like that?

• We have a bunch of mutual friends, so I always saw him at parties. I wasn't interested at first of course LOL but then I got to know him and yeah

• But did you start talking to him first or did he make a move on you? Cause i just can't comprehend how a guy dressed like that can still get a decent gf. They have serious game.

• Is that part of what originally attracted you to him? But changed your mind?

What Girls Said 3

• Who says wangster anymore?

• Accept him for who he is... YES.. IS SAID IT.

• Try talking to him saying you like him to dress in a different way than he does now. If he refuse to change anything, I guess you should reconsider dating him (only if it bugs you a lot)