Didn't get asked to prom. :( could it be my looks?

I occasionally talk to guys in my classes. I never hang out with any of them though. So they don't know where I live or hang out with me outside of school. I hardly even text any guys. I'm not really good friends or even acquaintances with many guys. I just talk to them on occasion or if they start talking to me. I would notice that a lot of them look at me in class and I try to make eye contact but most of the time I'll just look away first. Like when they see me pass by their seat or when I walk into class I would notice them looking at me. I also notice that they don't talk to me as much as they talk to other girls. I'm not mean or anything. I would say I'm quiet. Even though there are hardly any guys I talk to i thought guys would ask a girl if they thought she was attractive? Some juniors even asked freshmen and I'm assuming they must not know each other that well. Please don't say just ask a guy because at our school the guys ask the girls not the other way around.

Don't rate me. I don't need you to do that but if it helps this is what I look like. I'm not fishing for compliments obviously I'm already self concious because nobody asked me to the dance so be sensitive please.

http://postimg.org/gallery/c6hba7cm/2b7a06bd/

Most Helpful Guy

• It's definitely not looks that's the problem! Loving the swimsuit shot by the way! :P

It's much more likely that the issue is that you're so quiet. This does two things. First it means you're tougher to approach than one of the more social girls. But secondly, it makes it much less clear that you're not taken for the dance and so lots of guys will (wrongly) assume that you are and not bother asking.

If it makes you feel any better, summer is coming soon so if you hang out by a pool or a beach in a bikini, with your looks you'll be getting approached by a LOT of guys! :P

• by the way, do you have any other portfolios?

What Guys Said 7

• You are pretty. No rate because you didn't want one, but your looks are not the problem. The issue is likely that like you said, you just don't know a lot of guys very well. Still in school, so there are probably plenty of shy people who might be interested, but feel like it might be presumptuous since they don't know you that well. Asking a guy isn't an option, but you might try letting it get out that no one has asked you yet and see if anyone shy comes forward.

• They asked freshmen and I can't even get a date

• Asking freshmen is easy though. There's no reason to be shy with someone younger than you that would be lucky to be going to prom anyway. Asking an attractive girl your own age is harder.

islands7 below also might be on to something, they could assume you have a date already.

• The photos & your actions describe the poster child for
    shy beauty queen that everyone's afraid to ask to prom
    1) she got a date years ago
    2) she'd turn me down, to make me wait fro an answer until it's too late to ask someone else

Solution: you DO have GFs? Ask them to blind date you on double date to prom.

• I doubt it's because of your looks.

• You really are pretty enough; that's not the issue. I wasn't a social person when I was in high school either and didn't date much.

• You're very pretty, the guys are just too shy to ask you.

• It might be the fake eyebrows. Less can be more, and that applies quite a bit for makeup...

• Yep, definitely the makeup. Lose the makeup, you'll get tons of admirers.

• I don't wear that much makeup to school

• But you seem to make your eyebrows arc, and it's really bad.

• At your age the guys will be too self-conscious to ask you to Prom. It takes a lot of balls to ask a beautiful girl out and the only guys with that type of gusto at that age would be no good for you anyway.

I'd just go there and dazzle them, you'll find a decent man to dance with while you're there.

• Agreed. The average guy at her school wouldn't have the moxie to approach her. Either she will likely have to be much more sociable for a guy her age to ask her out or she'll have to take the initiative and do the asking, or she may be waiting for while before she is asked out.

What Girls Said 4

• No way! You're very pretty. It isn't always only about being attractive. It could be because you were just shy or didn't show much interest so they assumed that you weren't into them which could be why no one asked you. If you had been more engaged with any guys or hung out with them outside of school then it probably would have happened. I'm sorry hun but don't let this affect your self-esteem. You're a gorgeous girl and honestly, high school prom is not that big of a deal. Once you graduate you'll more than likely realize that.

• I like to think I'm pretty and yet I wasn't asked to prom... I went with a friend. From what I've heard from guys, they usually play it a little safe and ask girls they know will say yes since it's a source of gossip. Lots of guys stared at me in high school and talked about me, doesn't mean they were confident enough to ask me to the biggest dance of high school.

• At least you had a guy friend to go with. Oh well I guess...

• Actually I went with a girl friend, just ask one of yours. It turned out to be fun even though I didn't have a date because it was about the whole class being together so there was a lot of group dancing and stuff. I'm sure yours won't be much different.

• listen, obviously you're gorgeous
    so its not that at all,
    and it was the same way with me in highschool...
    the guys would always look at me and i would look away cuz i was quiet and shy.
    guys dont generally approach pretty quiet girls. they are kinda intimidated i think?
    but anyway, if you wanna get someone to go to prom with you next year have a list of guys you would like to go with in your head, and do things, and give them little hints that you wanna go.
    and if still they haven't asked and its getting closer i would kiss one of them.
    so then they will really want to lol

• You are So pretty. Dont get sad. Im sure nobody had the guts to ask you. :) Go with your friends or something and have a good time :)