What about the guy that has never been married and is in his 50's?

Here's an odd one...What about a guy that is in his 50's, never been married, is NOT gay, no kids, etc. Just likes to be alone with a couple of families that he is attached to. I find him very attractive, but he can be very moody and I don't know how to approach him. OR would should I back off him based on what his coworkers have told me.

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• Well it depends on what his coworkers have said about him? People talk some times there is no truth behind it and at other time there is!

If he is 50 and never married there could well be a good reason for it. You really need to find out more about him. He probably doesn't like to be alone but may have spent a lot of his life alone so that is what he has become used to. He may be moody with you because he is not sure of you, he seems like a very private person?

• His friends say that he is just a very lonely old guy that has never been married and that is how they have always known him. He does sound very private, but then so am I.

What Guys Said 1

• the fact that he's never been married isn't necessarily good or bad. he could've had a 30 year relationship...

when you say he can be moody, what does that mean? if it means that he takes out his bad moods on others, that's a red flag to me. we all have bad moods, but there's never an excuse to torment others because you're having a bad day.

what exactly do his coworkers say about him?

• Just can be very short with people at times and demanding.

• The only worrying thing is "kind of a jerk." but I'd need to know what they consider being a jerk to judge if it's reasonable or not. what they consider a jerk might be his impatience with their slacking at work, for example, or his not wanting to talk sports 4 hours a day.

• "can be cheap" about 80% of Americans live paycheck to paycheck, so people (like me) who actually manage our money well are often called cheap because we don't blow our paychecks. If I'm cheap, by savings & 401K accounts disagree.

very lonely man ... could be depression, he's burned bridges, or perhaps he's simply more of a loner. not automatically bad to me.

• Show Older

What Girls Said 2

• Hmm that's a toughie. Some people just wait a long time for that special someone to come along. Others don't really want a special someone, or assume that they'll never find one so they don't even try. His moodiness is a little tricky because he might be lonely, or he might be resentful. Well, it can't hurt to say hi, right?

• He can be short at times and demanding. I would back off...