Why does it still hurt ?

its been four months since me and my girlfriend broke up. She left me for another guy and we were together for 4 years. She wanted to be friends so we tried it but I knew the only way to move on is to stop all contact with her. We haven't spoken since than and I was feeling like I was moving on as... Show More

Most Helpful Girl

• You were with her for 4 years so of course you're still in pain. What exacerbates it is the fact that she left for someone else and that's a stake in the heart. There is no formula or pill that can take away your pain. The only thing that will heal you is time. You're already doing some great things as you continue the road to healing...i.e. you created new email/screen names, ceased all contact, hanging out with friends, working out etc.

Continue moving forward and living each day as normal as possible. Allow yourself to grieve because essentially that is what you're doing. In addition, don't be afraid to lean on people to just talk about it. Talking things out can make a world of difference.

I am a stranger to you but feel free to message me. I will gladly listen or offer any further advice you may need. I cannot promise that I will have all of the answers, but what I can assure you is that I have been in your position. Break ups suck but you will get better.

Be well.

• Thx ill keep it in mind