• Ask
  • myTake

Why are girls so complicated?! Can't they just give you a yah or nay?

Why are girls so complicated?! Can't they just give you a yah or nay? If a girl likes a guy, why can't they just say so?! It doesn't always has to be the guy that has to make the first move does it? I mean if the girl likes the guy, just tell them! I believe the guy will be definitely flattered! Don't give signals and stuff cause us guys are pretty slow when it comes to signals. Like what does it mean when one of your friends say in something like "OHH Jenny likes Brad! " And then Jenny quickly shies away to do something else looking like she's is into Brad but too embarrassed?! I dunno, but why can't girls just be more open if they like some guy?! For example what does it mean if a girl "shies" away from you? Or if a girl just comes up to you and talks randomly? Or if they look at you as you leave the room. Girls are sooo complicated! Any opinions out there?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• Haha Okay Mr. Anonymous.Check it. Hot chick comes up to you, and says, "Hey you're cute, want a drink?" You and her drink all night. She says she wants a boyfriend. You're like, yah I'm lonely too, lets hook up. -The end. -------------- ----------------- --------------------- You notice Hot chick standing by a table. She notices you. YOur eyes meet. You smile. She blushes, and looks away. Your eyes meet a couple of other times that night. You start wondering what she's thinking. Is it about you? You can't focus on your friends because you keep thinking about her, and what to say. Will she like you? DOes she have a boyfriend? You look around to see who she's here with. What is she drinking? What does she like? You can't take your eyes off her. Her eyes are so hypnotic, and her smile is beautiful. YOu see her laughing, and you wonder, what could she be laughing about? What would make her laugh? What would make her smile? What would make her happy? What is she into? What does she do? Your mind is working all night, around this girl. You want to know more about her. You finally get the courage to go up and talk to her. You're nervous. What if she doesn't like you? What if she's a snob? What if she's a bitch? YOu stop. Maybe its not worth it. You hang around again, and play cool. She looks your way again, and you think, maybe it won't be so bad? She notices you, noticing her. She gets all shy, and looks away. Your mind is going crazy, you don't know what to do ~~"Hi, I'm Trent", she smiles shyly, "Im Jasmine". You're stunned by her beauty, and the fact that she didn't ignore you. You almost missed her name. You offer her a drink, she gladly accepts. You're suddenly worried of saying something stupid. Or forgetting her name. YOu don't want to offend her. YOu don't want to bore her. You want to impress her ~~You go home alone. And as you lay in bed, you go through the events of the night in your head, and smile. Then you reach over and see her number. When should I call her? What should I say? When would be a good time to call her? When would be too soon? TOo late? Would she want to see me again? What does it mean when a girl gives a guy her number? Was she just being nice? Is she really interested? Is she thinking about me right now? --To be continued. Its the mystery that keeps men thinking --- about us :) And the work and effort you put into it just makes everything so much better. It puts more value into every little thing. Don't you think?

• As a guy, all those mysteries are a total turn off. If I wanted a mysterious hassle and wanted to put my ego on the line in exchange for possible rejection and possibly death, I'd have a quaint discussion with an armed drug dealer about politics in a dark alley.Seriously, not all guys are looking for a one a night stand. While it's nice to be a considerate and kind gentleman to a lady, ensuring that we worry about such petty things is about as useful as a burnt out light bulb.

• Its cool lost angel but only to a point. you tell a guy you like him or show interest in a sweet way and its a turn on. play hard to get for to long and a guy will think you don't like him

What Girls Said 11

• We want a guy to make the first move well mostly me cause it feels nice or something and I'm sorry I'm afraid to come up to a guy and tell him I like him of humiliation although I've done it already and have been rejected didn't feel so bad though cause to me it really didn't matter - he doesn't like me oh well plenty of fish in the sea and sometimes if I'm interested in a guy yes I'll come up to him to tell him I like him but it will be his work to do the job to ask me out! We do lots of things to make a guy notice us - like try to be loud around our friends so the guy we like would look at us or we try to talk to a guy but can't seem to remember what we wanted to say or we talk about you to our friends and laugh and say how cute he is! It's all different things that we do so yes we are complicated but maybe someday you'll understand why!

• What if a guy were to come up to you girls and say they like you?! And if you don't like them, they get rejected too! And it's the same thing! What's so different about girls asking guys out once in a while instead... I mean, we live in a world of equality right?! Well, if you girls expect us guys to as you out more, you gotta give us MORE of a hint cause we guys are slow that way... how about blowing us a kiss, or winking at us? Or just a hug?! A kiss on the cheeks perhaps?

• Ok so maybe we could do that but once in a while - not 24/7!

• I think that a lot of it has to do with society's standards and "rules" that they put on both men and women. Women are always taught to not be the "aggressor" in a relationship and a man is called "weak" if he's too shy to approach a woman. I thought like that until about two years ago. It's hard for women to do the approaching because we're not taught that. My parents look at me like I'm crazy when I tell them that I approached a guy or called a guy first but I feel that if I can have equal rights in the workplace then I should be able to exercise those rights when it comes to liking a guy. On the other hand, guys make girls extremely nervous. I know that you said guys suck at reading signs but we aren't always clued into that so when we're flipping our hair and being extra loud to get your attention and you just stare at us like a deer in the headlights, the last thing that we want to do is approach you and ask for your number and risk looking like a fool.

• Flipping your hair is a sign? what does it mean?

• Oh yeah. Flipping our hair is a definite sign. Especially if she is doing it constantly in your presence. It means that we're interested in you and want you to chat us up. Crossing and uncrossing legs is another one and licking our lips. They can be pretty subtle so you have to look out for the "signs." :-)

• Because if a girl goes up to a guy and makes a move, and he doesn't like her back she's that 'crazy, stalker female'.

• So you're saying it's okay if it's the other way around. What if the girl doesn't like HIM back?! I know you girls gossip lots behind guy's backs and that's why most guys find it hard to ask girls out because of this. What will the girl think of the guy?! Will she think that he's a "crazy, stalker male? "

• Hey - I'm not saying that it doesn't go both ways. Girls can be more brutal than guys quite honestly. I was just giving you a reason why girls don't just be honest with guys about their feelings. Girls don't ask guys out directly for the same reasons guys don't ask girls out - fear of rejection and getting hurt and for getting 'looked' at in a different way.

• We won't think that wear are you girls getting this from. dude they have no clue that we want them to show interest and approach us. someone has been giving girls bad advice about men

• You have to be a girl to understand how we work. If a girl is waiting on the guy to say something first, its most likely because at one point she made the first move but got hurt. As females we are very emotional so if a guy turns us down once, it's hard for us to allow ourselves to make that move again.Even though men do not like to show it, they are more emotional than women. Honestly...MALES WILL NEVER UNDERSTAND FEMALES. That's how it is supposed to be. Just like females will never understand males. I made the first move in my first long term relationship. We lasted for 16 months before he broke up with me. Now I'm with a better guy who made the first move and I've been happier. When he asked me out, my response to him was "what took you so long to ask." the only reason I had not approached him, like I was planning on doing, was because I had just gotten out of a relationship. There are some girls out there who do play with emotions and there is no excuse for that. However, 9 times out of 10, she has had her emotions played with and has a block that she does not wanna let down. Just give the girl some time. If she likes you, she will eventually come around but you have to show her that you have the capability of earning her trust and in due time, she will show you that she is capable of earning your trust.

• Well, personally I'm usually very clear on whether I like a guy, but it has NEVER worked out for me to approach a guy first. So that's a big deterrent on approaching anyone at all nowadays. I think it's because the stigma of the guy being the one who initiates has pervaded society so deeply.

• We don't want 2 seem easy for 1. 2 we don't want to freak you out. And 3 we like 4 You to take charge!

• Well some guys take things too seriously and girls have a high guard so its hard for us to just walk up to guys and tell them how we fell. I know it would be hard for me.

• Just because its never been like that. I guess that men are just the people to handle stuff like "asking the ladies out". But its not to say. Girls can't do it. I think that most girls are shy or feel insecure to go up to a guy and tell him that they like him. But honestly, for myself, If I liked a guy. I'd tell him straight on.

• We're just as terrified and confused as you are! And yeah I guess it doesn't always have to be the guy who makes the first move but because of society's stereotypical views, it requires even more guts for a girl to do that. I've heard from other guys that they don't actually like girls to ask them out (guess it depends on the individual? ), so the other terrifying thing for us is the worry that the guy may not be the sort who likes being asked out by a girl.

• Most guys like being asked out by girls. I love it

• girls like it better wen the guy makes the first move because it makes them feel spechel. and they girl only does this because so most likey doesn't no how you feel and I you tell her mayb she would b less shy and more flerty

What Guys Said 1

• Ah, come on. If women weren't (most always) the most complicated, fascinating, illogical, emotional, difficult people on the planet, it wouldn't be half as much fun.The entire premise of 'pitching woo' is built around an elaborate dance between men and women, with a great deal of subtlety and love sickness thrown in the mix; without awkward bits like that, a lot of romance becomes moot. If you think she might like you (and you like her) ask her out. Be gentlemanly, and at worst, you'll get a reputation for being a nice guy. I'm not saying that women aren't ever overly complex, just that it would be equally bad if they were overly simple. We've cars, computers, and games for that.