• Ask
  • myTake

Dating girls with Herpes simplex type 1 (Oral)

Guys, (or girls that relate to this question) Say a girl gets cold sores, and she lets you know after a few times of hanging out (dating). Are you... Show More

I don't have genital herpes or any other STD for the record.

What Guys Said 2

• 70% of the population has herpes simplex type 1. I think you're worrying about nothing. I've never had a cold sore, but I'm pretty sure I carry the virus. Though not often, my ex wife would get a cold sore. Here's a website with some info. link

• I was just worried that guys would worry about me passing it on in other ways. Even after the fact I've been told I can't pass it unless I actually have a cold sore at the time, I'm still insecure about it. I guess it's just a insecurity I need to work on and not be so worried about. Thank you for your feedback and info.

• what the hell are you worrying for? EVERYBODY gets cold sores once in a while! You don't need to go telling everybody before you kiss them lol. You can only pass them on when you actually have one, and a good cream will clear it up in days.You have nothing to worry about hun.

• Haha, I just didn't want to be dating someone w/o saying anything then get one and have them say, "Why didn't you tell me?!". I guess it's just paranoia.

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion and earn 1 extra Xper Point!