Dating girls with Herpes simplex type 1 (Oral)

Guys, (or girls that relate to this question)Say a girl gets cold sores, and she lets you know after a few times of hanging out (dating). Are you going to be less likely do want to date her? I get cold cores probably 3-4 times a year. Only when I get stressed or eat certain foods, do I have an outbreak. I'm a virgin and haven't done anything with anyone. However, I've gotten cold sores for as long as I can remember. (Even before I had my first kiss.) I always know when I have one forming, and I avoid kissing for sharing drinks with people. But, I've been so scared of guys rejecting me because of it, that I always keep a distance, even with dating. Any time I feel like a guy wants to kiss me, that doesn't know, I like pretend I don't see that he wants to. Then later I'll tell them. So either I spill the beans and hope for a the best, or I avoid contact all together. So I never hid it. I believe it is my responsibly to let the guy know.But, one of the main reasons I asked this is because eventually I'm going to have sex with a guy I'm dating, and I'm sure most guys love getting oral... (I know there are condoms, but don't most men like them better without?)If you were to find out a girl you were dating got cold sores, would you not want to date her anymore because you would be afraid of getting oral from her?I'm not saying that I think that a guys going to say, "You can't give me oral, so I won't date you." But at the same time, I feel that would be in the equation or why I guy may not want to date me.Please no rude answers with this, I'm already afraid of men and sex as it is because of this.Thanks for any help in advance.

I don't have genital herpes or any other STD for the record.

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

What Guys Said 2

• 70% of the population has herpes simplex type 1. I think you're worrying about nothing. I've never had a cold sore, but I'm pretty sure I carry the virus. Though not often, my ex wife would get a cold sore. Here's a website with some info. link

• I was just worried that guys would worry about me passing it on in other ways. Even after the fact I've been told I can't pass it unless I actually have a cold sore at the time, I'm still insecure about it. I guess it's just a insecurity I need to work on and not be so worried about. Thank you for your feedback and info.

• what the hell are you worrying for? EVERYBODY gets cold sores once in a while! You don't need to go telling everybody before you kiss them lol. You can only pass them on when you actually have one, and a good cream will clear it up in days.You have nothing to worry about hun.

• Haha, I just didn't want to be dating someone w/o saying anything then get one and have them say, "Why didn't you tell me?!". I guess it's just paranoia.

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion and earn 1 extra Xper Point!