Dating girls with Herpes simplex type 1 (Oral)

Guys, (or girls that relate to this question)Say a girl gets cold sores, and she lets you know after a few times of hanging out (dating). Are you going to be less likely do want to date her? I get cold cores probably 3-4 times a year. Only when I get stressed or eat certain foods, do I have an outbreak. I'm a virgin and haven't done anything with anyone. However, I've gotten cold sores for as long as I can remember. (Even before I had my first kiss.) I always know when I have one forming, and I avoid kissing for sharing drinks with people. But, I've been so scared of guys rejecting me because of it, that I always keep a distance, even with dating. Any time I feel like a guy wants to kiss me, that doesn't know, I like pretend I don't see that he wants to. Then later I'll tell them. So either I spill the beans and hope for a the best, or I avoid contact all together. So I never hid it. I believe it is my responsibly to let the guy know.But, one of the main reasons I asked this is because eventually I'm going to have sex with a guy I'm dating, and I'm sure most guys love getting oral... (I know there are condoms, but don't most men like them better without?)If you were to find out a girl you were dating got cold sores, would you not want to date her anymore because you would be afraid of getting oral from her?I'm not saying that I think that a guys going to say, "You can't give me oral, so I won't date you." But at the same time, I feel that would be in the equation or why I guy may not want to date me.Please no rude answers with this, I'm already afraid of men and sex as it is because of this.Thanks for any help in advance.

Updates:
I don't have genital herpes or any other STD for the record.

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

What Guys Said 2

• 70% of the population has herpes simplex type 1. I think you're worrying about nothing. I've never had a cold sore, but I'm pretty sure I carry the virus. Though not often, my ex wife would get a cold sore. Here's a website with some info. link

• I was just worried that guys would worry about me passing it on in other ways. Even after the fact I've been told I can't pass it unless I actually have a cold sore at the time, I'm still insecure about it. I guess it's just a insecurity I need to work on and not be so worried about. Thank you for your feedback and info.

• what the hell are you worrying for? EVERYBODY gets cold sores once in a while! You don't need to go telling everybody before you kiss them lol. You can only pass them on when you actually have one, and a good cream will clear it up in days.You have nothing to worry about hun.

• Haha, I just didn't want to be dating someone w/o saying anything then get one and have them say, "Why didn't you tell me?!". I guess it's just paranoia.

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion and earn 1 extra Xper Point!